CF Bonet

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CF Bonet

Friends,
Yesterday I was smiling from left to right. A managed to find a used CF bonet for my ride for just $300. Today the agent calls me tellinng me that the bonet is warped on the left hand side-damm!! I'm returning it back today to the seller and gonna kick his a**

1.Anyway who should I buy the CF bonet now from? MaShaw or GT Racing?
2.Should I spray it or leave it in the CF finishing? My car is guards red in colour.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Sory guys, bonet meaning the front hood.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:11 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Sameer,

Sorry to hear about that hood, too good to be true I guess! Being in the process of going lightweight on my 993TT I have searched every thread on Rennlist and other forums for the best price/quality products.

Getty Design have many followers who swear by them. MAShaw seems to be their distributor for international as I was referred to them by Getty for placing orders. If I am not mistaken TRG use their products as well.
If money is not really an issue, check Kevlar from FVD. Also, try www.niederhof.com for European suppliers.

Good luck.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:35 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Jean,
went down to the agent today, the hoods not warped but it just doesnt sit correctly. When closed it should push down the seal from preventing water from getting in but the gap on both sides, where the fender and hood sits is too wide. It doesnt shut tight like the steel/stock ones do so I decided to give it back to the seller.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:14 AM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 112 Posts

Sameer, I replied on the 964 site, but if you do buy one, make sure it is coated with a UV protectant. From what I understand, the sun does bad things to CF, but a good UV sealer will save it. My paint shop in town knew exactly what to do. Getty uses a mold built from an actual hood. you can have it stock, or a flat racing hood. I made mine stock, and am putting a silver Porsche emblem on it.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Thanks guys,
Will probably give MaShaw a call.

Quick Reply: CF Bonet