Andial 1989 911 Turbo valuation

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 01:30 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Andial 1989 911 Turbo valuation

I dont know why I put this on the 911 forum, but I have a friend who has a 1989 911 turbo that he has owned since new.
The first thing he did was take it to Andial. It was completely gone through by Andial and he has driven it very little. It has
20,000 miles on it. Its black over beige. Here are some pics. Do you know what the value might be or who might be interested in a car like this? He is interested in selling it. He is a busy physician and doesnt have time to drive it. you can contact me at paulgt3@gmail.com
Old 12-06-2017, 12:33 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

avoid flipper dealers
Old 12-07-2017, 10:26 AM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Something doesn't jive with the odometer. 20,000 miles or 102,000 miles?

Anyway i agree with Surgeon. List for sale on a place like Pelican Parts. Might want to invest in a PPI to show prospective buyers and of course having all documentation, keys, manuals is a big plus with older cars.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like 20,114.5 to me. There isn't a 'tenths' counter so it's between 4-5 miles on the last digit. I agree w/ longboarder- I proactive PPI would be helpful. Even though it's low miles these engines still need attention due to age. Compression and leak down numbers will help people.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:43 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by Cbwell
Looks like 20,114.5 to me. There isn't a 'tenths' counter so it's between 4-5 miles on the last digit. I agree w/ longboarder- I proactive PPI would be helpful. Even though it's low miles these engines still need attention due to age. Compression and leak down numbers will help people.
Ah got it my bad no tenths then it makes sense. 20k is collector quality starting point. Condition obviously a factor as well.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:07 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea my 993TT ODO was like that. But I have some more details to help with the valuation. First of all Car was new to a surgeon
and he never took possession of it. Andial picked up the car and took it straight to the shop. They didnt break into the engines internals. They added a bigger intercooler and turbo.
They advised the good doctor to not do any more to keep the balance of the car. They added a boost ****, for adjusting for race gas. Nothing in the suspension was touched.
All documentation and stock parts are available. The Doc still owns the car.
I have been a subscriber to Excellence for 20 years and I have never known them to over value a car. They value the car at $110,000 for average to $175,000 for excellent condition which this one is. Secondly last August at Monterrey a 1988 example which isn't as valuable as a 1989, sold with comparable milage for $145,000
The car is in a garage(covered) in the SoCal desert and started regularly and its in excellent condition. I know the market is small, but I know the Dr. will probably keep it for
$100,000.
I appreciate the comments.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:50 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Amazing these cars have come down to earth. 100k for this car seems cheap compared to a few years/months ago.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:41 AM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Yea my 993TT ODO was like that. But I have some more details to help with the valuation. First of all Car was new to a surgeon
and he never took possession of it. Andial picked up the car and took it straight to the shop. They didnt break into the engines internals. They added a bigger intercooler and turbo.
They advised the good doctor to not do any more to keep the balance of the car. They added a boost ****, for adjusting for race gas. Nothing in the suspension was touched.
All documentation and stock parts are available. The Doc still owns the car.
I have been a subscriber to Excellence for 20 years and I have never known them to over value a car. They value the car at $110,000 for average to $175,000 for excellent condition which this one is. Secondly last August at Monterrey a 1988 example which isn't as valuable as a 1989, sold with comparable milage for $145,000
The car is in a garage(covered) in the SoCal desert and started regularly and its in excellent condition. I know the market is small, but I know the Dr. will probably keep it for
$100,000.
I appreciate the comments.
Thank you for the additional information. This is an amazing example for sure. Hopefully the owner can find a buyer at his/her price point.

But if you don't mind, allow me to provide some feedback as someone in the market (but I'm not a collector). This car interests me particularly because of condition and I could actually see it before purchase. In fact I'm heading to the Thermal Club as i write this. But my hesitancy is that prices are now coming down. Weird I know but once prices start a downward trend, no one wants to catch a falling knife so to speak. As a result I have backed off trying to see where things settle.

None of this should matter to the owner if they can simply wait for another few years or so. At some point prices will be back on the rise!

Quick Reply: Andial 1989 911 Turbo valuation