Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Neighbor has a 911 turbo race car for sale.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:45 AM
suprawillis
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neighbor has a 911 turbo race car for sale.

Hey all, hoping I'm not violating the rules as this is not my personal car and didn't want to list it on the classifieds.

My neighbor has a 77 911S converted into a 993 bodied race car for sale. It does have a spun bearing in the motor, and it is currently located in Anaheim, CA at a shop.

Here are some of the details:

"Porsche 993 Carbon Fiber Bodied Race Car
3.5 Liter Twin Turbo 600 Horsepower Engine
993 Removable Carbon Fiber Widebody
Coil-over suspension
930 Close Ratio 4-Speed Transmission
BBS Wheels Front 12 X 17, Rear 14 X 17
Brembo Big Red Brakes
Gross Weight 2150 Lbs on 1977 Tub
Twin Plug Big Valve Heads
Digital Readout Dashboard
Fire Extinguisher System
Car is located in Anaheim CA. Engine has spun bearing on the crankshaft and is disassembled. Must sell immediately, Sacrifice $29,000"

The owner's name is Gary Wimmer, some of you who may have participated in PCA club racing events from the mid-90's to the early 2000's may have met him. He's a good guy and I have purchased a vehicle from him. He is in the early elderly stages in life meaning he doesn't have the time or energy these days to load a race car on a trailer and travel, etc. This may be a good opportunity for some of you looking to build a guilt-free track monster.

The contact info is 801 232 7118
Old 11-21-2017, 01:59 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

SupraWillis, Instead of posting this here in the 930 Turbo forum, looks like it would be better served as a post within the "Performance and Competition Discussion Areas" / "Performance Modifications Forum".

Of course this also depends on whether Gary Wimmer has ASKED you to post this car for sale,... in which case you could indeed post this in the Classified section.

Cool car though. depending on the price, this could be loads of fun, even if just used for DE's...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Neighbor has a 911 turbo race car for sale.