Balking under 2k under load

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 08:37 AM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Balking under 2k under load

Greetings.

My 86 has an issue of balking and spitting under load below 2k. At 2k it perks up, and runs smooth and strong all the way up to full boost. The odd thing is, it doesn't do it after a cold start, even if I drive an hour; but it always does it after the second start of the day, even if it sits an hour. And third start, etc.

Mods are: SW turbo, long neck intercooler, diverter delete, air box delete, Leask WUR, and headers. Blow off and waste gate work fine (1 bar). MSD rpm switch on WUR. O2 sensor is new, but something generic I had in the garage. New battery. Both fuel pumps operational. Fires immediately even if it sits awhile, steady idle. Car makes 325 rwhp and runs fantastic otherwise.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:55 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Since you are saying it doesn't have the issue when it is a cold start It could be that the DME temp sensor is not working properly. If this is the issue, the DME would be running the cold idle maps causing your car to run like described.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:36 PM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Heat. I'll check that out. Article here http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...emp_sensor.htm
Old 12-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If this is an '86 930; aka 911 turbo...which I presume it is since it's using a WUR to manage fuel pressure...then there aint no DME. It's running with the stock CIS injection system, not electronic fuel injectors as a normally aspirated 911

Quick Reply: Balking under 2k under load