Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 paint and body protection product

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:53 PM
The Fixer
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 911 paint and body protection product

Sorry for posting this here it was suggested by a forum member..

Having spent many hours prepping for painting Porsches, i'm extra careful with my Porsche's finish. In my garages and out in public.

Some years ago [1997] I designed and manufactured a product for Porsche people like myself. It's called The Magdoorbumper

It was an original idea at that time, Automobile Magazine tested and featured it [August 2000 issue] as it was tested and reviewed favorably b the Editor Monte Doran. I made the video below back then to help describe some uses for the product.

I used to sell these through Panorama only in the '90s, but the "Chinese knock offs" hit the market so to speak, so I moth balled the product for about 12 years.

I've very recently began selling them to Porsche owners , new price $24.99 per pair plus the shipment cost.

I usually park far away from other cars and walk. But, back when i designed these for my 3.2L 911, I was forced to park my car in a very crowded company parking lot full of non car people. I was always worried about my '86 911 during the day. The Magdoorbumper saved my car's original finish imo as i've never received a ding. My car is featured in the video btw.

Mike80911 [Pelican member] wrote recently: "I bought 4 sets of for each of my cars these from a fellow pelican The quality is really great"

If you want a set at the Mariani Restoration Shop direct price, email Astrid at marianibuildco@gmail.com and please include your EXACT address to calculate shipping.

We profit very little selling these as they are expensive to manufacture [in USA], clean, dress ends, pack and ship. But we enjoy getting this product to people who really care about their Porsches.

Attached Images    
Old 10-15-2015, 08:21 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

What's the point of testing them to 100mph?
The car looks like James Dean's wreck, yet the rubber strip is intact?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:55 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 71 Posts

Quick Reply: 911 paint and body protection product