Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Jubilee Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 12:13 AM
delhi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jubilee Edition?

Is there a 911 3.2 Jubilee Edition? Any info on it if it exists?
Old 09-13-2003, 02:04 AM
exc911ence
Three Wheelin'

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

There's a new 40th year Jubilee Edition 911 coming out soon but that's not the one you're looking for. I did a search and came up with a reference from the 911 & Porsche World classifieds of a Carrera 3.2 Jubilee Edition but there was no pic or info. Good luck with your search!

Oh yeah, I also came up with this sweet Diamond Jubilee Edition Lincoln Continental... just look at those sleek lines!

Old 09-13-2003, 09:44 AM
delhi
Racer

LOL!
there's one Jubilee 3.2 on sale for the same price as a regular 3.2. I wonder if it's supposed to worth more than it should. anywyas I found some info about it. Only about 825 built. Mechanically they are the same as the regular 3.2s but came with a special blueish metalic colour and the seats are embroidered with F. Porcshe. The Fuch wheels are a bit different too.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For the model year 1988, the Signature/Commemorative Edition cars were made celebrating 250,000 911 cars made (on June 3rd, 1987). It was available as Coupe, Targa and Cabriolet.

Color was 697-Diamond Blue Metallic with color coded 15" Fuchs wheels.
Seats were finished in silver blue leather with Dr. Porsche's signature on the headrests. Silver blue carpets in the interior and front storage compartment were part of this model. A dash plaque was on the glove box as well as the Club Sport short shifter. Some cars had spoilers and model delete options.

250 cars stayed in Germany
300 went to the US
325 for R.O.W. (50 RHD for the UK)

In 1989, the Silver Anniversary car was produced that celebrated 25 years of 911 production.

From the archives:

The Silver Anniversary cars, on the other hand, have a turbo-center console, full leather, grey leather seats with black piping, plush carpet throughout and in trunk, and color-matched Fuchs. There were reportedly only 500 made - 300 coupes and 200 cabs.

Several years ago, I remember both of these models being priced higher than 'regular' 3.2 Carreras. Now, with the used 911 market being quite depressed, I would think these models would not bring too much more, if any, than normal 3.2's. Though, this is only my opinion.

Hope this helps,

Jay
90 964
Old 09-13-2003, 05:24 PM
sschmerg
Racer

Several years ago, I remember both of these models being priced higher than 'regular' 3.2 Carreras. Now, with the used 911 market being quite depressed, I would think these models would not bring too much more, if any, than normal 3.2's. Though, this is only my opinion.
They will still bring a bit more from what I've seen, but only if they're mint with low-mileage. Collectors seem to like these, especially the '89 25th anniversary model. There were two colors for that car: Silver and a metallic charcoal (can't remember what Porsche called it), the latter being more rare. A guy in my town owns a charcoal coupe with about 15k miles on it, and it is beautiful.

The collector cars don't seem to be moving much these days. I think the owners are sitting on them until the market improves.

-Sean
Old 09-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sean: I agree, the mint, low mile cars will always bring a premium. Recently, a 'normal' Guards Red over black coupe (the '80's equivalent for the now popular, lot's of 'em, Silver cars) was for sale in my area with extremely low miles and with a high price attached (nice 964 price territory). It didn't stay for sale all that long either.

I would assume an average condition, 80-100,000 mile Celebration car might not be worth too much more than an average condition 'regular' car with similar miles.

It seems those '89 Anniversary models are pretty rare...

Jay
90 964
Old 09-15-2003, 04:44 PM
sas0662
3rd Gear

Just bought a 1989 Jubilee-look alike coupe in amazing condition (for a very reasonable price, I might add). The car is in Diamond-blue metallic with the silver-blue Jubilee colour leather interior but does not have the F.Porsche signature nor the metal plaque on the dash. Interestingly enough, the last owner bought it believing that it actually was one of the Jubilee cars and decided to sell it when he discovered through Porsche AG that it wasn't (his loss, my gain).
Old 09-15-2003, 04:54 PM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

delhi,

Value of special cars also depends on the potential buyer (in this case, maybe you?) What would you plan on doing with the car? Daily or regular weekend driver? Along the lines of the posts above, if you wanted to get one with low miles and great condition, it would only stay being "worth more" if you left it in your garage mostly. Want a driver? Get a 'normal' one with some miles on it, enjoy using it every day without worrying about adding too many miles to your special edition model. Best value there, IMHO.

Tom
Old 09-15-2003, 05:03 PM
geo.aigel
Racer

Seen one of these about a year ago at www.californiaclassics.com
I forgot which year it was but it was an anniversary cabriolet with higher mileage, it had the signed seats and a repaint (with some very minor pits in it, so it was easy to tell...). Supposedly documented and overall clean. They were asking 30k! I think that is quite a bit over a regular cab. in that condition.

Cheers, George

Quick Reply: Jubilee Edition?