Upgrades in the engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 05:54 PM
HorstP
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Default Upgrades in the engine bay

Folks,

Replaced my stock airbox with a BMC conical filter and a special made adapter to convert the airflow efficiently from the round filter to the rectangular air flow meter.

Not sure if I like the hissing noise at some specific throttle settings but it sure made a difference. Small but very noticeable at above 4k RPMs.

Not done a new mapping yet, that will come with a soon to be installed new exhaust system with headers and 2 catalytic converters.

Did also add a fire suppression system. It is a plastic tube filled with a liquid gas. In case of a fire it will burst open and discharge and hopefully do its job.

Last edited by HorstP; 06-05-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:20 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Very cool!

I like the clean look of the aftermarket air filter, but wonder how much of a pain it will be to clean. Curious to hear what the performance gains are, if any.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:03 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the fire suppression tube!

Where did you get it and $?
Old 04-13-2015, 04:36 PM
HorstP
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

The fire suppression system is made in Slovenia, not sure if there is a source in the States. http://www.atservis.sk/

On the air filter I can clearly say that the positive effect is much larger than I thought it would be. Now I don't have dyno'ed it before and after, but the gains are very noticeable. Mind you however that it needs a well designed adapter converting the air flow from the round filter into the rectangular air flow sensor.

The guy who designed the adapter recommends turning the whole sensor by 180°, so similar to the 964 set-up, it should improve the flow even a little more.

Quick Reply: Upgrades in the engine bay