Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM
team illuminata
Racer

Originally Posted by mfyoung1086
haha its not "slammed" but lets just say I can't get a jack under the front bumper I have to drive it up on my little 2x4 ramps to ge the jack under the front.... so maybe if I just removed the front bumper for events huhhhh

Haha I can still source a set of used dmack, or bf's for cheap or free from my old rally buddy moose, I just can't clear 15's over my 993 calipers
OK, then get a beater Subaru and drive it backwards. More or less the same.

BTW I'll buy all the used Dmacks and BFGs you can find me . For the right price.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
team illuminata
Racer

Our RallyCross 911 came with some polished original Fuchs wheels in 16x6 and 16x7 in the correct offsets for the car: +35 and +23. They really shined up well with a little polish too. Not that I would ever admit to owning any polish mind you. Needless to say we are not going to rallycross 28 year old 16" polished classics like these so they have to go. They are in great shape with no evidence of cracks nor any curb rash. 100,00 mile on the car so 100,00 miles on these I guess. Tires are 205/55 and 215/50 Michelin XGT all seasons with 6/32" of even tread depth but we will sell with or without. My partner Dick put them on eBay this morning:

Porsche Fuchs Polished 16 x 6 16 x 7 Wheel Tire Set | eBay

Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 AM
mfyoung1086
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by team illuminata
OK, then get a beater Subaru and drive it backwards. More or less the same.

BTW I'll buy all the used Dmacks and BFGs you can find me . For the right price.
I don't think with shipping they'd be that good a deal, you know I was thinking the other day about how Team Illuminati sounded really familar.... I was actually gonna buy some used tires off you a few years ago before I met my buddy moose! haha, it was acutally those tires I broke the crank on my 83 saab with.... oh well

I'm saving up right now to try and get a ride for Targa Tasmania in April, seeing as I don't spend too much time stateside anymore... I was gonna build the car, but I'm running out of time, I've found a couple nice historic datsuns, and a few nice evo III's just needs some spare cash monies!

btw's duder you'll sell those fuchs faster on pelican in the parts section, don't really need to post your ebay ad everytime you slang some parts off it
Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM
team illuminata
Racer

I don't think with shipping they'd be that good a deal, you know I was thinking the other day about how Team Illuminati sounded really familar.... I was actually gonna buy some used tires off you a few years ago before I met my buddy moose! haha, it was acutally those tires I broke the crank on my 83 saab with.... oh well

I'm saving up right now to try and get a ride for Targa Tasmania in April, seeing as I don't spend too much time stateside anymore... I was gonna build the car, but I'm running out of time, I've found a couple nice historic datsuns, and a few nice evo III's just needs some spare cash monies!

btw's duder you'll sell those fuchs faster on pelican in the parts section, don't really need to post your ebay ad everytime you slang some parts off it
Your probably right. That's the problem with the used rally tire business, once I cleaned out all the locals I couldn't afford t bring in tires from far afield. The numbers just didn't work.

I've always had reasonable success selling our cast off stuff on eBay. new to this world of Pelicans. Perhaps I'll try that next time. Thanks for the advice.

Targa Tasmania
Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
mfyoung1086
Racer

Yeah really really hoping to get it this year, but its gonna be tight... I'm finishing up a project in Saudi right now, and won't be out of here til Feb... Than I gotta renew my passport, and do some visa work for Australia which won't get me to Australia til late March, sooo I'll have maybe 3-4 weeks at best to shake the car down, and pack everything up!

At the very least I'm going this year even if its as a spectator
Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 PM
team illuminata
Racer

Yeah really really hoping to get it this year, but its gonna be tight... I'm finishing up a project in Saudi right now, and won't be out of here til Feb... Than I gotta renew my passport, and do some visa work for Australia which won't get me to Australia til late March, sooo I'll have maybe 3-4 weeks at best to shake the car down, and pack everything up!

That would be incredible. Hope it works out for you. I keep thinking about Targa Newfoundland. I'm less then 20 miles from Canada so in the back of my mind Newfoundland can't be that far but in reality I think Tasmania might be closer. We need a Targa Michigan, U.P. style!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wait, what??? You are thinking of taking your own car down there? Now we are talking? Got a link to the event?

BOOM

http://targa.com.au/tc/page_standard.asp?asset_id=1624
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 PM
big project
2nd Gear

congrats! love the avatar. I live in royal oak, and work for superlite cars / race car replicas. where are you located? I just picked up an '80sc roller, trying to figure out what to do with it. so far i'm leaning towards standing mile racing...
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 AM
mfyoung1086
Racer

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Wait, what??? You are thinking of taking your own car down there? Now we are talking? Got a link to the event?

BOOM

http://targa.com.au/tc/page_standard.asp?asset_id=1624
No the fiance is from Sydney (and well still lives there as well), I've though about importing the 911 on a rally car specific license, but in the end to get the car race ready + shipping there and back equal wayyyy more than I want

Plus I found a coupe race ready evo III's for less than the ^^^ above would have cost, so I'lm just gonna get my car in Syd and take it down
Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 AM
team illuminata
Racer

Originally Posted by big project
congrats! love the avatar. I live in royal oak, and work for superlite cars / race car replicas. where are you located? I just picked up an '80sc roller, trying to figure out what to do with it. so far i'm leaning towards standing mile racing...
Wow, small world. Superlite! never knew they were made here. How did I miss this?

I live in Birmingham, shop/warehose is in Pontiac. Where is Superlite's place? I'd love to get a peek inside.

As for the SC; RALLY CAR!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
team illuminata
Racer

Originally Posted by team illuminata
Sorry about taking a while to get back to everyone about the duck tail. I was out all day Saturday racing our car and when I got home, late, I was overwhelmed by requests for more information, pictures and shipping quotes. As I can't respond to everyone I've posted the duck tail on eBay as they are good at this stuff and I'm not so. Here's the link:

Porsche 911 Carbon Fiber Duck Tail Getty | eBay

if you have any questions let me know.

Only one day to go on this Carbon Fiber duck tail auction. let me know if you prefer a different shipping method to the one eBay quotes. Greyhound for example.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ya know we start questioning your sanity when you quote yourself.....but then again, we were already doing that.

Love the avatar.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 153 Likes on 97 Posts

Great thread. Keep us posted on the progress with the car.

Quick Reply: New Member with 911 Carrera RallyCross Project