Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How many are left 911T 1969 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
fromage
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many are left 911T 1969 Coupe

Just curious where the model stands... how many are left... I have one, original owner, never been hit, all original, not a spec of rust anywhere, webbers, runs and looks great. The market / pricing seems to be increasing for good cars, is that realy the case or am I missing something...
Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 AM
masterdave
Racer

If the engine is all in good order a car like that could be worth quite a bit. The market for the SC's and Carrera's is very good right now as they are a bit more reliable than the 911T's and less problematic than some of the later models. A good T will fetch quite a price among the right crowd.

Are you planning on selling?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:12 AM
fromage
5th Gear

No... can't do that to an "old friend"

We freshened up the engine a while back with GTU parts as the under 2 L spec went away, the engine output is significantly better than the 911S. The car is strong original almost show room new. There was "comment" on TV about Steve McQueen"s 911S about selling for an onscene amount which prompted me to see what is happening with this generation of cars. This car could double for that car, which is what caught my attention. The car is still randomly driven whenever the moods hits

Last edited by fromage; 12-02-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:37 PM
marcel964
Advanced

Steve's 911 was an S not a T. And you are not Steve
Old 12-02-2011, 01:14 PM
masterdave
Racer

That car was also sold for a crazy amount because it was the 911S that appears in the opening scene of the 1971 movie LeMans.

It sounds like it is in very nice shape, I would drive it, show it off, take it to shows. Thats what I would do.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
fromage
5th Gear

Originally Posted by marcel964
Steve's 911 was an S not a T. And you are not Steve
allow me an ooops !!!

really glad that I'm not... :=) I'm still enjoying my Porsche
Old 12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
fromage
5th Gear

Originally Posted by masterdave
That car was also sold for a crazy amount because it was the 911S that appears in the opening scene of the 1971 movie LeMans.

It sounds like it is in very nice shape, I would drive it, show it off, take it to shows. Thats what I would do.
I think the car's role has been defined over the 40+ years it has been with us and is enjoying being relegated to occasional light duty for grins or as a back up. It started life as a daily driver, through out the time it never has had any special care. Reflecting on its' use and miles driven, makes me wonder what do the average owners do to their cars to make them look so abused. Porsche built a relatively simple car '69, it must be the basic underlying quality of the build that allows them to survive. It was a high dollar car when new, yet over time it has become very inexpensive own.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM
masterdave
Racer

to answer the question about average users, it comes down to a few things.
Where you live, cars around me in the north east can rust so fast that a car like yours would never last around me.

Do you keep it in a garage or not, in terms of a Porsche the answer is usually yes.

How often is it driven, many of the cars from your era were driven quite a bit then when the engines started to have issues people would opt for the newer ones over fixing the old ones. Thus many of the older cars saw a good deal of neglect, at least from what I have seen. You hear lots of stories about these cars being saved and restored.

Many people also love these cars for doing RS or RSR conversions. They are also typical candidates for people that like to paint the cars in older racing schemes.

Regards
Dave
Old 12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
bobaines
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

formage,

Sounds like a very nice original '69. Use it as it was intended and it will put a grin on your face every time.
Mine is a '69E and has been well maintained by its previous caretakers. Ed Mayo has serviced it for close to 30 years so lots of records over the last 3 owners.

You will find a lot of information & knowledge here - http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/forum.php
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

Sounds like a great car!
To your original question of where does the T model stand. It was the base and lowest HP in the three model line up, T, E & S. AKA "long hoods" or small bumper pre 1974 911s are all going up in value and have been for some time now.
They are getting harder to find in good condition as Porsche didn't galvanize the bodies at that time and many were lost to rust. Many of the remaining ones that escaped wreck and rust were updated to look like more modern 911s with the larger post '73 impact bumpers.
Original or "period style" modified (RS, RSR, R gruppe etc) cars have a dedicated (fanatical) following and it sounds like your would fit in with this group nicely.

And yes McQueen's sold for an astronomical price, but don't let that cloud your perspective of the price of 911s owned by mortals.

Post some pics.

Quick Reply: How many are left 911T 1969 Coupe