Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

One week with new/old 911 Sc

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Default One week with new/old 911 Sc

Well. I've put about 600 miles on the car in one week so we are over 215 k.
In town, highway and State twisty roads. I've had her to 110 before I got Cop nervous on 93 to Las Vegas.
I am really amazed at the total performance of this car. Damn thing acts like it is new, doesn't know any better I guess (probably like a lot of pilots on this site!).
I can take my hands off the wheel at 90 and it's rock steady, tight as a drum. The harder I work that 6 the sweeter it sounds. Does not smoke. Low oil consumtion (cases never split).
Hell, I even like the rock chips because they are honest.
My only regret is that I didn't drive a 911 years ago.
The only thing that does not work is the screen washer....oh, and I need a new windscreen as 215k of small pitting looks like Carl Sagans Universe if you drive into the sun.
What a sweet performance car.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Caferacer
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your loving it right out of the box. It took me a couple of weeks to realize I was driving my Carrera (!) too slowly.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:54 AM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I just had my windshield replaced (104,000 miles on the original one and full of pits and chips). Wow, what a nice difference! That's the nice thing about Arizona, free windshield replacement. My glass guy has done several 911s and recommends Pilkington glass - they are the best. Pilkington is used as the original replacement for many German cars. My BMW replacement windshield has both the BMW logo and the Pilkington name on it (sorry, I sound like a spokesman for the company- I'm not).

Once your insurance guy sees how pitted your glass is he'll recommend a new one. Also, insist on a new rubber seal from the Porsche dealer (they usually have them in stock). You'll be surprised at how dry and hard the old seal is. My insurance paid for a new seal and if yours doesn't, spring for it yourself.
Do not reuse the old seal and do not get an aftermarket seal, they don't fit nearly as well.

Quick Reply: One week with new/old 911 Sc