Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

SC Weissach Special

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:09 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC Weissach Special

One has come up for sale over here in the UK and I'm tempted by it. Can anyone shed any light on exactly how 'special' they are? I know there were 400-odd made with metallic paint and special colour fuchs plus the nice tail-lid but is there anything else that should attract me to this over a standard SC?

Also, is there any notable performance drop or driving difference being a US model compared to ROW?

If anyone knows the actual car please feel free to PM me. TIA

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1980-Porsche-9...item5643b93e9d
Old 04-25-2011, 04:18 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 169 Posts

I know for a fact that it has less horsepower than the Euro models and it's a L/H drive as well ...
Surely something more appropriate for you will turn up eventually.

In my opinion there would be too many tradeoffs to make it an enjoyable car... but that's just me

Cheers!
Phil
Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a 31 year old car, so most of the suspension bits have probably been freshened. FWIW, I just finished up the resto my Weissach last week and it drives great! Not as much power as my turbo, but it is very enjoyable as it drives tight. I would think the cache of owning a US only car would be pretty cool to have in Europe.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 394 Posts

The most special thing about the SC Weissach was the availability of the aero package and either 7 & 8 x15 or 7 & 8 x16 wheels.

Other than that it was a plain ole SC
Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
It's a 31 year old car, so most of the suspension bits have probably been freshened. FWIW, I just finished up the resto my Weissach last week and it drives great! Not as much power as my turbo, but it is very enjoyable as it drives tight. I would think the cache of owning a US only car would be pretty cool to have in Europe.

I'd rather have the cache of a vintage 911 in Hawaii.

Anyway. With the paying of tolls,parking,etc done more and more passively I would think the draw back of a leftie isn't as much an issue as in the past.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 AM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
Lovely looking car! I'm more than happy with LHD (indeed I prefer it) and the cache of having something a bit rare would be cool. I also think they look really great. The relative lack of performance might be not so cool but it's probably something I could live with - I've got the SC track car to make up for that.

Does anybody know the particular car in question?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Most of the Weissach's can be found here http://www.adelgigs.com/911scregistry.shtml
Scroll down to the 80 models and all of them are close together in the list by VIN number. You can get there quickly by doing a find on Weissach. If the specific car is in the registry you may be able to contact a previous owner.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I liked the cache of the original WC mudflaps and dash plaque.

Quick Reply: SC Weissach Special