Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

SF East Bay 911 mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 01:54 PM
Hugh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post SF East Bay 911 mechanic?

I just bought an '84 Carrera. Yow!!!!!! I love this car. Goodbye, Audi. Now I'm going to need an excellent mechanic. Any suggestions in the Emeryville/Oakland/San Leandro/Hayward area? I need someone trustworthy and respectful of my wallet, yet sharp and very detail-oriented. A thorough knowledge of performance options is also a must. I'm hoping Bay Area 911 junkies can help me out.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2001, 10:32 PM
JonSeigel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations! Call A. Bauer in Oakland. You'll speak to Lars. They're considered top notch.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:45 PM
Dylan Essner
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Hugh,

My car has been serviced at A. Bauer in Oakland since it was new - Lars was actually the mechanic who did most of the work and I spoke with him before purchasing my 1981 SC 3 months ago. I had a PPI done at another shop (Germany's Best on College Avenue by the Oakland/Berkeley border which was recommended to me by a local PCA member) and mechanically the car is in excellent shape with 170,000 miles. I understand A. Bauer is a bit pricey, but the extra cash may be worth the quality of the mechanic. I have not had to bring my car in yet for any reason, but please let me know about your experience with A. Bauer if you choose to have your work done there.

Lars is apparently heavily involved with racing, so I'm sure he can tell you a thing or two about performance options. Check out their website at http://www.abauer.com (I have no affiliation outside of my car having been serviced there - just heard good things).

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Dylan Essner ]

Quick Reply: SF East Bay 911 mechanic?