Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

82 targa rough running help!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
ccoleymd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 82 targa rough running help!

I have noticed a small what I think is a mis at low rpm say in second or third gear when I apply the throttle lately, otherwise, the car starts and has been running great. Yesterday when starting my car for the ride home, after running fine to work, it started, but was very rough, missing, popping, low idle almost dying! I could pump the throttle and it would run ok (didn't sound like on all cylinders) at about 3k rpm - enough for my short drive home. I removed all the plugs and cleaned them, they looked ok. What is wrong??
Old 04-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Houpty GT
Racer

You can be having fueling issues. I am working on an issue were I believe my car will lean out or miss sporadically after about an hour of driving but can sometimes be stopped by shutting off the car and restarting after a few minutes. This is an electrical issue for me. You should take a look at your cap and rotor if you don't know how long it has been there. Check your fuel pump relay and fuel pressure.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:48 PM
ccoleymd
Instructor

thank you, I'll check the dist cap and rotor. I do not know how to check the fuel relay and pressure???
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 AM
stahwille
Intermediate

Default sc miss fire

Try Chevron Techron injection cleaner, add to fuel tank when low on fuel . Always look for air/vacume leaks first and foremost. Best of luck MJ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 82 targa rough running help!