Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911tracker85
yer sick, BC.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 911vet
Pete: I will not presume to brag while in the company of drivers who are far better and more experienced than myself. However, I did come to my first DE ahead of the curve and I've progressed faster than most. I've been told by multiple instructors I should consider upgrades, R-compounds, etc. I believe there are times I'm driving my car to its limits.

I do not aspire to have the fastest car out there. My goal is to have fun, learn, and to master a skill. It's kung fu on the track. My kung fu is pretty good and I want to add another weapon to my arsenal. And you are right, Master, I'm an overly-eager student...
... perhaps I will be humbled one day Shannon
Progress is great, and so is being eager! I guess that I spoke up because trying to balance a project between street use and track use is full of compromise, and by trying to preserve a sensible level of street comfort you can't achieve a truly effective track set-up.

You will spend a lot of time and money making changes that might deliver only disappointing results, after which you will take your car to the next level and then not want to drive it on the street anymore.

There is also something else to consider; do you want to improve the car just to satisfy your eagerness, or do you intend to start bringing home trophies? Seeing personal lap times dropping can be amazingly rewarding, but if class wins are in your future you have to design your set-up based on existing rules for the class that you plan to enter. Two very different approaches to quicker lap times!

Quick Reply: I need a stiffy