Old 02-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Intercity's Discount Shipping Rates for Rennlist Members

Hello to all.

Times are tough! We're feeling it here at Intercity. Our phones are quiet and each day we all talk about how we are being affected by the economic slowdown, both personally and in our business. One thing is obvious....We're all in this together.

To stimulate some sales here at Intercity we're dropping our shipping rates. We offer enclosed, insured, lift gate loading and door to door service. Rates to all other points in the U.S.A. have been reduced as well, if you get a cheaper quote from another legitimate Trucker please give us a chance to beat it. Intercity's 30 enclosed transporters are standing-by in most major Metropolitan areas.

For additional information please visit our website, Intercitylines.com. or phone us 800-221-3936 my extension is 101.

Thank you.
Dave Wilson/Pres.
Intercity Lines, Inc.
1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

'69 MBZ 6.3
'16 Cayenne
'32 Ford highboy, Cadillac powered

Last edited by Intercity Lines; 11-06-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Update Information
Old 02-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Dave, I hear you on slow. We are sending our Nissan to the island if Saint Lucia as soon as we get approval from the government there. When we started the process our freight quote was almost $4,000.00 from L.A. to Saint Lucia. Now we have a quote for RORO at $1,183.00 out the door. Fuel is now half price and the boats are almost empty. They will take what they can get I guess.

Thank you for the heads up on your services.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:59 PM
RacerX1166
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Dave, does this apply to previously quoted jobs? I'm working with Jim to get my Carrera from York PA to Richmond VA at the moment.

Should I call you directly or continue working with Jim and let him know I'm a Rennlister?

Thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sure, I'll mention to Jim that you'll call. Not to back-peddle here but I would guess that any quote you got recently would include a discount already. I'll speak with Jim and see what he quoted you.

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:39 PM
vtrich
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm sure there is no need for validation, but I have used Intercity twice and have found them to be really excellent. I think a drop in price is great, but having experienced their attention to detail in both of my shipments I was happy with the price they charged at the time. Maybe I have to go find a car to take advantage of a sale on shipping.

Is this kinda like my wife saying "I couldn't afford not to buy it?"
Old 03-05-2009, 07:40 PM
RacerX1166
Racer

Well, Randy from Intercity picked up my baby today. While I will reserve final judgment until the car shows up at the other end, I have been nothing but impressed with the service and courtesy extended to me during this process.

It was quite impressive that Randy showed the same care in loading and covering my car as I expect he showed the 250 GT SWB California Spyder directly in front of it. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll make an error and drop the Ferrari off at my new house.

Still don't have a title though....too busy packing and moving to follow up beyond yelling at Tim.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:53 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Maybe its time to find that cherry So Cal 73 280 SEL that I have always wanted.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with others. My '84 Carrera came from PA to WI with Intercity handling the transaction flawlessly. My brother had a 911 brought from CA to WI and again Intercity did very well.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks to all of for your business and support...Everyone at Intercity appreciates it.

Dave Wilson/Pres.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:53 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Your welcome and.............Redsox suck
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
RacerX1166
Racer

I finally have internet service so I can say that Randy dropped my car yesterday in the same condition that he took it. Unfortunately, I couldn't be the Big Man on the Cul de Sac since there's no way the rig would have gotten out once it was in. I had to resort to taking delivery at the local Porsche dealership, which was just fine with me.

I couldn't be happier with Intercity and the service I received from the team.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 8943post
Hello to all.

Times are tough! We're feeling it here at Intercity. Our phones are quiet and each day we all talk about how we are being affected by the economic slowdown, both personally and in our business. One thing is obvious....We're all in this together.

To stimulate some sales here at Intercity we're dropping our shipping rates. We are now offering a Coast to Coast rate of $1499 which includes our premium door to door delivery in an enclosed transporter. Rates to all other points in the U.S.A. have been reduced as well, if you get a cheaper quote from another legitimate Trucker please give us a chance to beat it. Intercity's 30 enclosed transporters are standing-by in most major Metropolitan areas.

For additional information please visit our website, Intercitylines.com. or phone us 800-221-3936 my extension is 101.

Thank you.
Dave Wilson/Pres.
Intercity Lines, Inc.

Hi Dave,

I am close to purchasing a GT3RS in California and would need it shipped
to PA. Would this qualify for the $1499 rate. Looking to do this around
the end of the month.

Thanks,
Pete
Old 03-22-2009, 04:06 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intercity did a '70 Corvette for me two years ago.......top notch. One thing that is not mentioned. I always give the driver a $50. Now that I think about it, if $50 enough? The guy just drove across country without damage to the car. Jeeezz, now I feel like cheap bastard.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Pete. My apologies for the delay in responding I just returned from the Amelia Is. Show and RM Auction.

Absolutely the $1499 applies to your GT3 in Calif. I left you a voicemail this a.m. to that effect. Please call me or email if you want to set this up. 800-221-3936 ext.101 or dwilson@intercitylines.com.

There are times when I'm traveling please call my office as anyone can help you with a quote.

As far as tipping your Driver goes...Tips are always appreciated by the Drivers. They have a lot of responsibility and take their job to heart. If you're happy with their performance and feel like tipping, they would certainly appreciate it. Doesn't always have to be monetary either. Home baked cookies work too. A sincere Thank You is always the best gratuity.

Thanks.
Dave Wilson
Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts

Dave, Got your message but the seller backed out. I'll call back
when I find the right car.

Thanks,
Pete

Quick Reply: Intercity's Discount Shipping Rates for Rennlist Members