HID B-Xenon Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
These lenses look to have diffusers on them which is usually the problem with HID retrofits. I would love to see pictures of you light on and hear about the type of light they project.

No diffusers on them. The upper portion of the lens is used for the HID projection. I get a full 4300K of light projected on the road - it is the bluish-white light you would see projected from a modern-day Bi-Xenon light like those on my Cayenne Turbo. The only drawback to this system is that there are no auto-levelers for the projected beam. It can be a problem for drivers ahead of me on a bumpy road as they get treated to a blast of light in their mirror. I don't particuarly care for the high-beam portion of the light as it is a more traditional halogen beam that is designed to simply augment the Xenon light. But the times I need to use high-beams are rare with the base Xenon capabilities.

Don't have my 930 kept at my house - it's at the weekend house so I can't post a picture. I'll try to snap some night-time shots this weekend and post.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Andy_Ash
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rothaus
The lamps are either 356 or VW bug lamps, and had a sealed beam in it. They were installed when I got the car.
Thanks for that. I've done a bit of research and it certainly looks like the 356 sealed beam lens. Useful knowledge!

Looking forward to the full picture of the front. Grrrrebit.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
rothaus
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I did some more work this weekend and also some modifications.

I had to set the projectors a bit lower to make some clearance for the bulb plug.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Images     
Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 PM
rothaus
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Below is the reference of the head light from my Boxster

The second one is the 911 with sealed beam on the right

The last one is the 911. It's not as perfect as the Boxster, however, it's a nice light.

I wondering why I cannot add my signature ?
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: HID B-Xenon Retrofit