Fuel evaporator system lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:11 PM
tall02
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel evaporator system lines

Dear fellow 911ers

I am in the process of helping a friend restore his 1988 Porsche 930. He purchased the 930 with a racing fuel cell and the fuel evaporator system was missing. We have purchased the larger expansion tank in the wheel well and the carbon canister which mounts in the left front wheel well.

The challenge is, after searching the web and this site, we can not find the drawing showing where all the fuel vent lines get attached. Pelican has a few small renderings but no master drawing. We have the small fuel vent hose that comes up from the engine and the vent hose out of the fuel cell. Both are connected to fittings which come through to the wheel and dump. We need a map which clearly depicts how all the hoses are connected.

Anyone have a full drawing of the system and can anyone send me a few photos of their small and large expansion tanks plus the carbon canister on their 911 and how they are connected?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:22 PM
BLOND944
AutoX

Check with the turbo forum
Old 11-21-2008, 06:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

go to Porsche and download the PDF for the illustrated parts catalog for that car , the drawings are pretty clear on where everything goes.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 PM
tall02
Advanced

I have downloaded their component sketches but I need the bigger picture which ties all the components together, Its still unclear.

Anyone with a Carrera willing to take photos in the front truck and in the left front wheel well to help me on this quest.

Any photos would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 11:29 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's see if I can figure out how to post a picture. If there is a specific component or connection that you need, let me know.

Name:  fuel_expansion.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  fuel_expansion2.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  39.8 KB
Old 11-22-2008, 07:28 AM
tall02
Advanced

Dear Rusnak

Thanks but I had found these drawing. The question I have is, where and how does the carbon canister connect to the vacuum circuit. I believe the carbon canister is mounted somewhere in the front left fender. There is a small line and larger line on the carbon canister. I believe the small line is connected to the small vent line that runs back to the engine. But I am not sure if the large line #14 on the canister, is connected to line #6 on the small expansion tank? Do any of the lines connect to the fuel filler/overflow area?

Any photos of a late Carrera would help.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:40 PM
tall02
Advanced

Thanks guys

I found the location myself of where to mount the carbon canister and it was in the right rear wheel well. I was led to believe it was to be mounted in the front left wheel well which I was struggling with.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Fuel evaporator system lines