Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Jimmy Deering, Master Porsche Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Advocate-BAR
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jimmy Deering - Mobileworks East

Please be notified the Jimmy Deering has been arrested in San Bernardino county and charged with 8 felony theft counts including running a chop shop (search Jimmy Deering http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/c...openaccess.htm).

They do not charge people with 8 felony counts because of miscommunication as Mr Deering will argue, he is a calculating small-time thief who has stripped cars and stolen from employers and customers from day one. He runs multiple identities on the internet to vouch for him as a great mechanic and most have been found to be fictitious accounts run by Mr Deering so please do not believe them. Actual clients have stated that the work has been far below adequate and the work has had to be redone by a legitimate shop and parts have been found missing after he works on cars.

Please contact the California State Police and the Bureau of Automotive Repair if this individual attempts to contact you. He is operating without any legitimate licensing or insurance and has been authorized to stop working on vehicles pending the outcome of his criminal matter. Mr Deering is indigent (i.e., deadbeat with no assets who never pays his bills, not even people who work for him, see same San Bernardino County civil matters to confirm) and you have no recourse against this individual and he has nothing to lose.

Last edited by Advocate-BAR; 02-06-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Advocate-BAR
Please be notified the Jimmy Deering has been arrested in San Bernardino county and charged with 8 felony theft counts including running a chop shop (search Jimmy Deering http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/c...openaccess.htm).

They do not charge people with 8 felony counts because of miscommunication as Mr Deering will argue, he is a calculating small time thief who has stripped cars and stolen from employers and customers from day one. He runs multiple identities on the internet to support him as a great mechanic. Four out of five have been found to be fictitious accounts run by Mr Deering so lease do not believe them. Actual clients have attasted that the work has been far below adequate and the wark has had to be redone by a legitimate shop and parts have been found missing after he works on cars.

Please contact the California State Police and the Bureau of Aotomotive Repair if this individual attampt to contact you. He is operation without any legitimate licencing and has been authorized to stop working on vehicles pending the outcome of his pending criminal matter. You have no recourse against this individual and he has nothing to lose.
You know what Mr. Advocate, this may all be true. But if you want anyone to take you seriously on such a serious post, use spell check or a dictionary. It may enhance your credibility. Interesting post for your first.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Advocate-BAR
Cruisin'

Thank you Ed, I will

Please do not think I'm trying to be something detrimental, yes the information is negative in scope but I'm attempting to stop the damage that many other people have experienced and if you were on the inside of what he has done to many, many people you would be thankful for the information as not having it has proven devastating to others and maybe knowing this will protect someone else like you. Many have come before you after having read the posts on the forums (note: this thread promoting Mr Deering is among the first an uninformed party will see if they search the web on "Jimmy Deering Porsche mechanic" and that is very dangerous) and thought they could save a few dollars and many have been left without engines and transmissions and entire cars and they have finally bound together and a special auto theft investigative unit (SANCATT) investigated Mr Deering.

You can follow it on the San Bernardino County Superior Court Website, nothing here is anything more than public information.

Last edited by Advocate-BAR; 02-06-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:09 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

Sorry but it definitely sounds like you have a dog in the fight .. your original broadcast makes you sound indifferent and just reporting news, which i don't think is the case .
As Ed points out your post MAY be technically correct but you will have no credibility around here with such posts. How about introducing yourself, what you are about and what your dog in the fight is .. that might be a basis for a good dialog.

Cheers ,,
Old 02-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Advocate-BAR
Cruisin'

I don't expect my comments to carry any weight on their own, which can also be argued regarding any comments discounting them. Web forums are by nature completely unvetted so it would be wise to verify anything that is communicated on one, including the veracity of a supposed service provider.

That's why I provided the link to the San Bernardino County Superior Court website above. You can also take the time to check with the California Bureau of Automotive Repairs regarding Mr Deering and any complaints and his lack of licensing.

I hope the next person reads this and does, that's all. Don't kill the messenger, be glad someone is taking the time to do so.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:35 PM
murphyjp
Instructor

If the charges against this man are true then they are true regardless of who has a dog in the fight. That being said, I looked into the charges and found an initial set were dismissed, and new/additional charges filed later and show active. He is still presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Credibility or not what difference does that make? How many posts must one have before they earn credibility enough to post a warning with supporting evidence.?

No offense Iceman.

Dismount soapbox!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think when a DA loses a case, they ought to be faced with civil liability. Too many grandstanding, self-serving district attorneys file cases on the public dime, only to re-file when the charges get thrown out. Look at that boob Elliot Spitzer, what an asshat. I agree the man is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Soapbox dismount.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

That is why M. Jackson's doc is just going to be charged finally after all this time. LA has to try and get a high profile case right. We don't need another OJ bomb.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

The DA should be fired if he loses.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:54 PM
murphyjp
Instructor

Don't get me started on our legal system. Especially regarding the apparent immunity celebrities seem to have.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. strange turn. Ed...I can't spell, and feel terible about my posts sometimes. Your right though, there is a decorum that should be adheared too. Regardless, somebody here is a badguy and somebody is a victum. This is bad for the Porsche community as a whole and even worse for the legit people who do work on these cars. As a former tech, I can say that many of the people who came thru the door were chaffed about a previous deal and had to be "disarmed" before trust and respect could be cultivated. Furthermore. It takes a good tech to do this. It requires good analytical diagnostics, good equipment, and good parts supply to do a "location" job. Otherwise the tech can quickly be overwhelmed by a job, get hurt, and botch a job - all with good intentions. Also, there is a huge amount of liability involved that a prudent customer want to see contained. The customer is at a disadvantage and can have little recourse if the deal goes south. This is like a tech doing side work, which I did very little of. Its distracting to their employer and a bit unscrupulous. There was a constant line of people at the back door of the shop wanting me to do work for them and most were not good customers, which is why they were at the back door. These were the kind of people looking for a deal and ready to pounce at the first sign of a problem. That may be a factor if the above is true. If I had the chance to do a good job on the side-always another marque than my paying job- I would tell my manager or boss and let him give me the green light. We would strike a deal and often I would stay late or go in on a weekend. I could cherry pick the job and the customer, give them the piece-of-mind that they had a front door to walk thru, grease the palm of my boss and potentially make a good customer in the future. Sometimes people need a little help and doing this could be benefitial to all involved...it requires a lot of foresight and an ironclad confidence level of the work needed. I did a lot of BMW clutches and diesel valve adjustments. Otherwise sidework was not worth it and thats the needle this guy is trying to thread.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I'm not purrfekt(!) on my spelling either, but something struck me about that post. I think it was really the word "wark". I may've wrongly assumed the guy is an attorney by his name.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Advocate-BAR
Cruisin'

Thank you Murphyjp,

There's a knee-jerk response to condemn the messenger in situations like this, nobody likes negative information but not having it is much more dangerous at times and this information is public domain.

Regarding the double filing of the charges, it was simply a technical issue within the court system in the submission of documents, the charges are solid.

When service providers/buyers and sellers of used parts, etc. have disagreements and attempt to sway public opinion I think it's petty as well .... but when you see eight felony theft charges including chop shop charged (DA's don't file if they don't think it's a slam dunk on crap like this), against a mechanic do you really think it's just a disagreement? This guy has people all over California trying to get engines back that he took to work on and the CHP has been tracking them down in other people's cars, there's not a lot of grey area here.

Just use common sense here, that's all.

Be careful out there.

Last edited by Advocate-BAR; 02-06-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Well, the other thing is "chop shop" may have nothing to do with his mobile mechanic customers. There are "pillars of various communities" that do bad things on the side.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:11 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

For what it's worth I'm a terrible typist, and my spelling is average, but that don't bother me none.

Quick Reply: Jimmy Deering, Master Porsche Mechanic