Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seat Belt Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Porsche8777
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Belt Replacement

I am going to replace my front seat belts because of age. Has anyone used a universal replacement like

[URL="http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/porsche91119652007replacementus-sbelt1.html"].

The only other option I can find are OE from Pelican or Porsche dealer.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

http://www.peparts.com/Categories.bo...ELTS%3APorsche

Use these guys, they are all we have used for years, I have installed many and they are OE quality and fit. I would not mess around with cheap universal seatbelts!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 PM
EB847
Instructor

they are out of business now (at least seatbelt business anyway). i need a new front set for my 72T. anyone know of a source?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:19 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I too am looking for a source for a replacement lap/shoulder belt for my '80SC...thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I replaced the front seat belts in my '80 SC several years ago and bought the belts from Porsche. They were'nt cheap then and I'm sure they haven't gotten any cheaper.

If there is one item that Porsche (or any manufacterer) should offer at a discount it is seat belts. Owners would then be encouraged to replace ancient seat belts and not have to worry about high costs.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Power2wait
AutoX

Default A new option for refurbished seat belts...

I have a friend who can refurb and install new webbing in your original retractors... His name is Al, and a search for "seat belts" or his username "Bluedevils" on bmw2002faq.com will return nothing but favorable reviews. He has been performing this service for at least the 5 years I've known him, and can supply all of the proper hardware, covers, receivers and decals for a concours restoration if required. This is his hobby and specialty, not his profession so he takes great pride in his work and reputation (which is stellar in the BMW 2002 community). He has refurbished two sets of belts for my 2002s including a custom length red webbing set, and I sent him my 911 belts when I bought my '78 SC since I needed more length (don't we all...) due to my short and wide stature. The 911 belts I received from him are perfect in every way with new webbing that is an exact match to the original.
They aren't inexpensive, but a good deal more economical than new from Porsche... email him directly for pricing specifics.
Email Al at:
aerkanli AT psych.duhs.duke.edu

You can tell him Aaron sent you, but he may actually charge you more if you do FWIW I have no affiliation with Al other than 5 years of friendship and numerous trips back and forth to various 2002 events...
Hope this helps!

Last edited by Power2wait; 08-11-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:39 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Power2wait
I have a friend who can refurb and install new webbing in your original retractors... His name is Al, and a search for "seat belts" or his username "Bluedevils" on bmw2002faq.com will return nothing but favorable reviews. He has been performing this service for at least the 5 years I've known him, and can supply all of the proper hardware, covers, receivers and decals for a concours restoration if required. This is his hobby and specialty, not his profession so he takes great pride in his work and reputation (which is stellar in the BMW 2002 community). He has refurbished two sets of belts for my 2002s including a custom length red webbing set, and I sent him my 911 belts when I bought my '78 SC since I needed more length (don't we all...) due to my short and wide stature. The 911 belts I received from him are perfect in every way with new webbing that is an exact match to the original.
They aren't inexpensive, but a good deal more economical than new from Porsche... email him directly for pricing specifics.
Email Al at:
aerkanli AT psych.duhs.duke.edu

You can tell him Aaron sent you, but he may actually charge you more if you do FWIW I have no affiliation with Al other than 5 years of friendship and numerous trips back and forth to various 2002 events...
Hope this helps!
Aaron, thanks for the suggestion! Do you have any idea how much time Al requires to refurbish a set???

Cheers,
David
Old 08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Power2wait
AutoX

David,
In my experience it takes Al a week or two at most, but would depend on parts availability I'm sure. Best to email him for specifics to your project. I remember there were some questions he had on which Porsche retractors I had which matters in terms of their ability to be refurbished.
Happy to help...
Old 08-11-2012, 02:16 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Power2wait
David,
In my experience it takes Al a week or two at most, but would depend on parts availability I'm sure. Best to email him for specifics to your project. I remember there were some questions he had on which Porsche retractors I had which matters in terms of their ability to be refurbished.
Happy to help...
Thanks for the additional feedback, Aaron. I will raise my hand with All when the weather makes it possible for me to be able to live without the SC for a couple of weeks
Old 08-13-2012, 08:04 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

+1 on Al

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Replacement