Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

CIS warm up regulators

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Andy Antipas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CIS warm up regulators

I might need a new warm up regulator for my '79 SC. New ones are $800 plus. Rebuilt for $250 on up. What are peoples experiences with rebuilts? Suggestions on where to buy one?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 04-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Evill Ed
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I just didi this last week on my 77. New ones are NLA. Troy at EBS Racing sent mine out for rebuild, $250.00 I installed it on Saturday, all control pressures are dead on, the car runs like new.

If you need yours fixed, just send it out to be rebuilt.

regards,
Ed
Old 04-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Houpty GT
Racer

You can also rebuild it yourself. I found mine not working and I took it apart and cleaned it out. They are really quite simple. Mine had stopped working correctly because the wire screen had clogged with debris. It is possible yours may be out of adjustment and the bimetallic strip need to be bent or that the heating element may not be working. Repairing the heating element may be the most work. There is a post on Pelican of someone who repaired the heating element in the Auxillary Air (valve/regulator?).

What is wrong with yours?

I would easily conisder buying a rebuilt one based on how simple they are. Infact for $250 I would rebuild yours in a heartbeat.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Houpty GT
You can also rebuild it yourself. I found mine not working and I took it apart and cleaned it out. They are really quite simple. Mine had stopped working correctly because the wire screen had clogged with debris. It is possible yours may be out of adjustment and the bimetallic strip need to be bent or that the heating element may not be working. Repairing the heating element may be the most work. There is a post on Pelican of someone who repaired the heating element in the Auxillary Air (valve/regulator?).

What is wrong with yours?

I would easily conisder buying a rebuilt one based on how simple they are. Infact for $250 I would rebuild yours in a heartbeat.
+1 on that.
I rebuilt mine and again, the screen was clogged.
You do need to hook up a fuel pressure gauge to check it's Cold Control Pressure (CCP) and Warm Control Pressure (WCP) if you plan on adjusting the setting.
Or, just take it oout and clean the screen (Like Houpty said) and put it back in and try it.

Quick Reply: CIS warm up regulators