Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What are your thoughts on this car

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally don't care for it. Looks kind of cheeky to me. For the price you could find a lot nicer looking versions of the 911.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Diamond Blue
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't 36k getting into turbo territory? And some nice 993's.
87-89 Carrera's would be 10-15,000 less for some nice cars. Would have the g-50 with out the surgery needed to install a g-50 in a 915 car. JMHO there are nicer cars for less money and if you want some of those features you can put them in for a lot less.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:27 AM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following up on Matt, and not as discrete, at his hour, as Ice, I think someone did 16K worth of cosmetic demolition to a 20k car.

Here's what to do. If you really want that car, he will be insulted by any reasonable offer. So, get several friends to act as confederates. I mean that in the research study sense, not in the Southern US sense. ;-)

Get them to go in, test drive the car, examine it. Hey, make it convincing. Get stooge #2 to go all the way to a PPI, at your expense of course.

Both of them come back with low ball offers. Really low. 6 to 9 K or whatever.

Then, you come in, do your once over, and offer him what the car is actually worth. Show him a copy of the ad for Pete's car, and point out that you know, as obviously previous potential buyers did (heheheh), that it ain't worth nothin' like $36.

Last edited by WitchDoctor; 03-21-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Why would someone go through the expense of putting a g50 in a 915 car? Why leave those 6 and 7 inch Fuchs on it? They scream “I took the 7's and 9's when I sold the car". Good luck with that front bumper/dam in the real world. The venting on the duck reminds me of the ricers who glue phony vents all over their 86 Honda’s or Mitsu's. I would guess it’s somewhat effective but gimmie a break.

Swap that front thing for a nice ruf style or an iroc style, find a more appropriate set of wheels, and possibly swap the ugly duck for a normal one or some other deck lid and you have a nice 25k car.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:59 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speednme
Ok here the story I got. I gave this car some thought. I spoke with RPM and the shop that did the work(speedwerks..Dave Brown). The car does have heat. The PO owner spent a boatload of cash on this car. I believe the interior was installed later on.(not the original interior). The suspension has coilovers,944 turbo brakes, front oilcooler, fuel cell, ssi exhaust, custom muffler,g50 tranny, limited slip(could have short gear ratios..not sure), adjustable hollow sway bars among a few other things(oh and the hideous front spoiler that would need an immediate change out). The shop told me the PO was just a money's no object kind of guy. Why a targa? don't know..But the shop mentioned when they did the work the car had only 2500 miles(a little over a year ago). I wish I lived near there, to really take a closer look. While a targa may not be to everyone's liking the fun factor would probably pretty high with this car.
I've spent a boat load of money on my targa track car as well and it's not worth anything near $36K (and my car has more done to it). The Targa NEEDS a rollcage for track work if you are using sticky tires. I agree with Pete on the coilovers. Unless it has a cage to the suspension, it's a no-no and I'd be interested in what they used for spring rates since a high spring rate on a stock targa chassis gives some pretty funky handling.

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts on this car