Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Looking for my dad's '86 911 (DC area)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Looking for my dad's '86 911 (DC area)

Yeah, I know, this is a long shot but I'm curious if anyone knows where this car is. I wish I had the VIN, but unfortunately, I don't.

After my dad died in '02, his 911 ended up being left in my care for the next two or so years. My stepmom eventually sold it (I believe to another Porsche guy or mechanic in Maryland) in late '04 or early '05. It's a metallic Garnet Red, which is a pretty rare color for that car (I've only ever seen one other Garnet Red 911 in person so if you have seen one it may be the one I'm looking for!). When it was sold, the paint was getting a little long in the tooth. It had a fair number of DC parking scars, stone chips and the clear coat was beginning to flake. Other identifying marks are that the last foot or so of the driver's side running board was a bit squished (as seen in the pictures) and the center console had about a 2-3 inch wear mark put in by his cast when he broke his foot. (Still drove the car, tho!) Also, the transmission was a bit out of adjustment from the short shift kit and getting out of 5th gear sometimes required a little extra work.

Pics are available here.

I'm not searching to buy it back since I really don't have the money to do it without some stupid financial moves, and I think my dad would come back and haunt me if I did that. I'm just curious as to where it is.

Thanks,
BB.

Last edited by BeerBurner; 02-07-2023 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:20 AM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you find it.

I've thought about the same thing...looking for my dad's first Porsche, a 1986 951 Black/Black, with the 928-style forged optional 16" wheels (discs). He died in 2000.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Looking for my dad's '86 911 (DC area)