Looking for Xenon 'city light bulbs' in the US

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for Xenon 'city light bulbs' in the US

I have an interesting issue with the headlights on my 911 & my 2001 e320 sedan. I've replaced the high and low beams with the appropriate Xenon bulbs, but it leaves me with 2 issues.
1- The parking/city lights on the 911 use a bayonet-type bulb (BA9 I think) that is apparently not available in Xenon, thus the yellow color of the standard bulb is seen in the reflector of the headlights.
2- The e320 bulb says H6W on the base and in the owners manual. I've managed to cross reference it to a BAX9S base. It looks alot like a standard bayonet-type bulb except that the locking pins are not 180° from one another. I am unable to locate a Xenon version of this bulb anywhere except overseas.

I've found typical halogen and LED replacements (white or blue to match the Xenons?) for both types, but I cannot locate a source for the Xenon version of these bulbs here in the US.
Philips makes them under their "Blue Vision" line, but they are not sold here.
Can anyone offer me some brilliant advice on how to find what I need? Google has offered me very few options, all of which seem to be from the UK or Australia.
Thanks,
Dan
+++
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan,
I have family in the UK- let me know if you need someone to pick them up and mail them to you. PM me and we can talk details.

Paul.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Paul, that would be amazing, but it might not be necessary. I have found them (BAX9S & BA9) as LEDs for only $4 each here in the US. I might order a set just to see how they work/look.
If this falls through, I'll be sending you a PM.
+++
Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're welcome Dan- just let me know-

Paul.

Quick Reply: Looking for Xenon 'city light bulbs' in the US