Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.6L - I'm going for it...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 01:26 AM
Pete911air
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by George 911-V8:
<STRONG>Pete I mean the real pete from andial its a little quiet keyboard broke over there? Buckwheat and the reddog are hungry and so is my V8 waiting on you.

SWAMP MONSTER PETE COME AND GET SOME </STRONG>
George,
Some people on the board don't like me.{ Not that I care }Some people now e-mail me because sometimes I can give them good info.
Anyway somebody might step up to get the car preped to challenge you.I have turned some people down because they don,t have the right car. BTW I hear you made another $ 10 grand.Tell me the Rules to your racing. Is it top speed,acceleration ? I think I deserve a Chance to prep the car correctly.

Pete.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:45 AM
Dial 911
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve914,
You're a sucker for punishment. Ha, ha...a 2.7 "project". Would you like to borrow my selection of time-sert tools? I'm sure you'd do a better job on the studs than some bum did on the last one I parted out. He used JB Weld!
Old 08-03-2001, 11:07 AM
Steve, 914 guy
Instructor

I'll go into it with my eyes wide open, and I already have the time-sert tools. From time to time, you can pick up a 2.7 complete for $300.00 - $500.00, with pulled head studs. I know it will be another $3000.00 or more for parts and machine work later, but I can do it in increments that way, so my wife's head won't pop.
An associate recently bought a 3.2 used for his 914 racecar, it had been stored in a garage for a couple years, and some mice appearantly had set up house on it.
He installed it, ran it once, and had little compression on a couple of cylinders. We checked it out and heard the good old loose head sound, popping like a VW van. Upon disassembly, we found 4 broken head studs, corroded from the rat ****. He was out almost $10,000 for one race.
So, the 2.7, in my situation, is a calculated risk. I could spend $2500.00 more initally for a 3.0, or $5,000 more for a 3.2, and end up in pretty much the same shape.
BTW, I love JB weld for head studs, it lasts at least as long as an oil change.
Old 08-03-2001, 02:41 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
Pete I know about going fast and what it takes to do it. I respect what you and ANDIAL do as far as building high horse power porsche race engines. I really think that if any body has a chance of beating my V8 with a porsche power plant it's you at ANDIAL bar none. I first found out about the rennlist when someone was talking on the board about (the white car) being the fastest street drivin legal car in the usa. He said no chevy power porsche could run with his car his statement was be scared very scared. I took issue with that and since then have had several heated board exchanges with a number of big dollar purist over my car being fast. Each one has been alike they begin with a lot of big talk and in some cases insults but ends with lack of action. You know, when I first started this V8 project I bought the parts from Rod Simpson, he told me about whipping the hell out of high dollar (even factory) turbos. I at first thought yeah right but I must apologize to Rod because I have to say, I had a very hard time believing that. But now I am clear after hearing about Rod not being allowed on the same race track when porsche events are going on and getting much the same treatment myself, the truth is evident. Now the trip is finished as best I can tell and I'm still somewhat surprised at the results. Pete my car is street legal in every way 3040lbs with a/c. I race my car 0- top speed or 100mph and go hp rules at that point. I by no means have the fastest car, they have plenty of vette's and vipers that will give me all I can handle believe me I'm from the swamp but far from stupid. I race races I can win period. I am no way ready for Jeff Gordon at a DE he will drill my ***. I don't DE my car it was not built for DE racing just pleasure and fun. I would not own nothing but porsche it's the best sports race car ever built bottom line. I don't mean any harm to you or ANDIAL and I try to send you as much business as I can. <A HREF="http://pws.prserv.net/4play/911chevy/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
SWAMP MONSTER</A>
Old 08-03-2001, 04:53 PM
Pete @ Andial
Intermediate

George,
I don,t know if i can do it 0 to 100 mph. How aboud 0 to 180 mph?

Pete,
Old 08-03-2001, 05:12 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
I like to go 0 to top speed or we can start at 100mph and go to top speed.<A HREF="http://pws.prserv.net/4play/911chevy/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
SWAMP MONSTER</A>
Old 08-04-2001, 10:10 AM
Carlos
Banned

I don't care where it happens, I'm there!!!!
Old 08-04-2001, 10:01 PM
MIKERJ
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Carlos:
<STRONG>I don't care where it happens, I'm there!!!!</STRONG>
Me too, if you guys go 180 mph (by the way, what kind of wheels do you have) I hope you don't wreck.
Old 08-05-2001, 07:52 AM
Ed Bighi
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If it happens, someone should call up Louie Foubare in South Florida, and have him bring his peculiar narrow body carrera painted yellow with a measly 400 and some odd hp built by a certain fellow from Pfafenhausen. Not all the hp in the world,but this CTR it is one hell of a fast car.
Old 08-06-2001, 02:39 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Hey George: I have web-ified a weight:HP table; I'd love to make an entry for you - all I need are your dyno numbers and weight.
Power to Weight Table
Old 08-06-2001, 03:10 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Thom I e-mailed you all the info you need for you web site. Great job I like that, I can see you put a lot of work into it keep it up and good luck with your motor.

SWAMP MONSTER
Old 08-06-2001, 03:10 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Ok George, I have you down @ 6.08 on street gas, and 3.8 on NOx

Quick Reply: 3.6L - I'm going for it...