Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Swap your black H4 rings for my Guard's Red

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 01:28 PM
thrasher
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Swap your black H4 rings for my Guard's Red

I recently purchased a set of used H4's with Guard's Red rings (not the extra trim rings, these are the standard assembly rings with the adjuster screws).

I have a black car and was wondering if anyone with a Guard's Red car would be interested in doing a straight swap with me before I take 400 grit sandpaper to what is a nearly perfect set of Guard's Red rings just to paint them black. I know many of you are running the original black primer version, which would be ok, too.

Mine are very good to near excellent. No rock chips or rust, just not concours. The heads on the adjuster screws are a little rounded off, but still functional.

I guess it just bugs me to think I'm going to ruin something that would be desirable to have for another 911 owner.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:38 PM
redidrum
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have anything to swap, but, how much difference do you see in the h4 headlights?

Thanks,

Ron
Old 06-29-2005, 03:13 PM
thrasher
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they look great sitting on my table ;-)

I didn't want to drive my black car with red headlights, so I haven't yet driven with them on.

I also installed the Sucro relay kit prior to switching over, since my turn signal/headlight dimmer had the classic symptoms of too much current over the years. I expect that will also help, given less voltage drop and/or resistance loss over the longer wire run.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consider having them powder coated instead of painting them.
I have chrome ones and would prefer black as well. I just didn't happen to think of them when I did the window trim, speaker grills, deck grill, etc.
+++

Quick Reply: Swap your black H4 rings for my Guard's Red