Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   911 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum-56/)
-   -   No Trust Possible Among Rennlist Members (https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/175991-no-trust-possible-among-rennlist-members.html)

Sharker Image 12-20-2004 09:56 AM

No Trust Possible Among Rennlist Members

This issue is resolved between the seller and myself to complete satisfaction.
The experience is now a positive one and all of us will have Happy Holidays!
I wish the same to all rennlist members, too!

J. Brinkley 12-20-2004 10:06 AM

I say give us a name.

jet911 12-20-2004 11:13 AM

I agree, who is the culprit?

Bill Gregory 12-20-2004 12:44 PM

Stefan,

That's unfortunate. It sounds like it's a done deal at this point. Of course you left negative feedback on ebay.

mamoroso 12-20-2004 01:17 PM

Since u are complaining on rennlist you should give us a name and we should hear the other side of the story. Otherwise what is the point of the post?

Edward 12-20-2004 01:35 PM

Stephan,

This is bad news! If the seller has in fact misrepresented his pieces and refuses to make good, then this really is deplorable! Or perhaps he should pipe up here and clear the air. Certainly, one exercises caveat emptor on ebay, but to be duped by a Rennlister is inexcusable! I take pride in being part of this community. In my almost 4 years of being on this board, I have had nothing but excellent dealings with members, and have found the generosity and integrity of many here above reproach. And in the odd occasion that someone misrepresents himself, that person is "dealt with" here. If this individual really has not made good on his side of the transaction, then I'd say please post his identity so as not to tarnish the rest here (as your thread title suggests), and to help warn others. Perhaps we here are a victim of our own board's "success" in that this so-called rennlister isn't even a memeber, but is capitalizing on the popularity and trust of us here. Again, sorry for your trouble, and if it is any recompense, ID him here and rest in some satisfation that others will see him for what he is, and that the grand majority of members abhor such deceit.
...All in my personal opinion, of course.

Edward

KC911 12-20-2004 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sharker Image
The seller is informed about this posting by now, too.
He will have the time to think it over.
I will follow up on this posting either way before the end of the week.
I think this is fair?

I think that's a very prudent approach. Give him time to "make it right", but by all means, disclose him if he doesn't....maybe he values his reputation, if not, you'll be doing the rest of us a favor.

Keith

mamoroso 12-20-2004 05:10 PM

I am always a bit skeptical about these things...
Using Rennlist as the mob is the last thing we need.
Here there is someone with a complain (pls Sharker do not take it personal, I hope everything will unfold itself the right way) with no names, no proof, no nothing.
Someone traded on e-bay, got screwed and then came here to call (I quote) "Rennlisters among the people cheating fellow members to make a quick buck" hoping to get some support?
Stefan I am sure you are in the right position... but if it were me I would have told this Rennlister to make it right otherwise I would have gone public on this forum.

Sorry for the rant but things like these happen all the time also on pelican parts... And I think the community should be the last resort as we never get to know the full story.

Dennis in SE PA 12-20-2004 06:27 PM

Just because he posts on/reads this forum does not make him a saint. There are good and bad to be found in all things.
I agree that he should be allowed to make good for his misjudgment before being "made public".

pig4bill 12-25-2004 06:40 PM

It also stinks that you edited your first post so we couldn't see what you were complaining about. Bad form.

SGOGT4 12-26-2004 11:15 AM

Additionally, we are all left with the possibility of doing business with someone who will only make right on a bad deal by threats of public disclosure. The fact of the matter is that this is a difficult person to do business with and if you truly are concerned about trust among rennlisters you would make sure that everyone knew what they would be getting into should they opt to do business with him/her in the future.