Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC
View Poll Results: Have you experienced lift off oversteer in your 911 ?
Never...
33.33%
Yes I have, and its as scary as they say
62.32%
I don't drive it that hard
4.35%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

...lift off oversteer anyone ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Paul (Weissach 911)
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had it happen to me several times, under 60mph it's fun. When it happens while traveling over 60mph it can be quite unnerving. It has happened to me twice, the first time I expected it. I was doing 70 around a curve & hit a big dip that bottomed me out & set the back end out. I knew what was going to happen as soon as I let off, I steered into it & got back on the gas hard as soon as the car settled. Fortunately I didn't run out of pavement (close). The second was a stupid mistake on an empty windy stretch of one way freeway. I was going about 90 around a bend & hit the rev limiter, fortunately I had 3 lanes to gather it up.

I spent last weekend at a PCA "Skills Day" practicing throttle steer & it is quite easy to get the back end out if you come in hot & don't settle the car before you hit the corner. It is also fun to control the *** by mashing down the loud peddle after it starts to drift out.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:48 AM
stv951
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

...its called powerslide oversteer Ruf Yellowbird style. The driver was Stefan Roser, Rufs test pilot at the time. Whoever has seen it must be amazed. Quite scary at these speeds in the Nurburgring. Trees are so close.

Quick Reply: ...lift off oversteer anyone ????