Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa Hardtop

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 02:13 PM
kach22i
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have three copies of Dark Side of the Moon, and yes- that was the $500 record I was thinking about.

I have a Grado Sonata on an old Dual, but it does pretty good when hooked up to the Martin Logan Aerius hybrid electrostats.

One day I will have a dedicated listening room, tube amp/pre-amp and other toys. Until then shutting off the lights and pouring a glass of wine takes me most of the way to a live experience. I have a good imagination- that helps.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:59 PM
nullH20
Advanced

OK. Factory Targa Hardtop available for $1500...
Old 05-11-2004, 02:50 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by kach22i
I have three copies of Dark Side of the Moon, and yes- that was the $500 record I was thinking about.

I have a Grado Sonata on an old Dual, but it does pretty good when hooked up to the Martin Logan Aerius hybrid electrostats.

One day I will have a dedicated listening room, tube amp/pre-amp and other toys. Until then shutting off the lights and pouring a glass of wine takes me most of the way to a live experience. I have a good imagination- that helps.
I have a couple of classics on OMR..Dark Side, and Supertramp's "Crime of the Century," also sonically unreal (you probably have that one, too, I'd guess!), and OMR CDs of the same. They just don't compare, do they? The vinyl is just sooo much warmer and better sounding. I recently upgraded my CD to a Rega Planet 2000, which though 1000x better than my previous Luxman, is still nothing ompared to a good turntable. Those electrostats must be cool! My listening room is our living room, much to my wife's chagrin!
Old 05-11-2004, 04:08 PM
kach22i
Instructor

When the Rega Planet first came out about six years ago, I home auditioned it against a 6-month old McIntosh. The Mac blew it away (list for almost four times more- $2,600), so I spent the extra $600 (used $1,200), and my Dual 503 ($200 + $400 cartridge) still whips it when fed good virgin vinyl. It's a dead to dead equal match up, with the vinyl set up at 1/4 the list cost.

Maybe we should start a stereo thread, things are a little slow around here lately.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:09 PM
kach22i
Instructor

Anyone find a carbon-fiber/kevlar Targa top out there yet?
Old 05-11-2004, 11:02 PM
epbrown01
Burning Brakes

I bought one of JMPRO's tops a while back for my '83. I like driving my Porsches year round and it's made Chicago winter driving more livable. What JM didn't mention is he designed a pretty nice hard top himself - all the rage on the Pelican board, and cheaper and easier than tracking down the Porsche original. I still like the folding top as well: I tend to use the soft top when there's a chance I'll drive topless and the hard top when I don't plan on removing it (the cold months).

Emanuel
Old 05-13-2004, 05:30 PM
JMPRO
Intermediate

I sold the design and tooling to another co. that now makes the hard top for pelicaparts, performance products and mid america.The hard top could be made in c/f by special order but it is a big upcharge. I was going to offer the top in c/f as a special order but the high cost scared me off. Ask one of the suppliers to inquire as to the cost and if they can get it.
Jerry
Old 05-14-2004, 11:06 AM
kach22i
Instructor

The carbon-fiber/kevlar top is on my wish list, not my "must do" list. However, thanks for the information Jim/JMPRO.

Imagine a old silver Targa, with a Carbon-fiber/kevlar hood and matching removable hard top. It might be a bit ricey, but it could look good to. I think putting a C-F/Kevlar engine hood with whale or duck tail would be over the top.

Salt and pepper to taste as they say.

Quick Reply: Targa Hardtop