Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Could someone confirm these parts...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 09:54 PM
Chapron67
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could someone confirm these parts...

... look like they are from a '78 911SC? I bought the car from the 'almost original owner' (6 month old) and he said he removed the air pollution stuff and the AC. Do these parts look like they were the components removed. He also did work on other Porsches too so trying to keep what goes with the '78 separate. Thanks. Greg

Old 03-06-2021, 12:22 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 200 Likes on 158 Posts

I think most of them are. Looks like the PO upgraded to oil pressure-fed chain tensioners. You have the old chain covers and the old oil hoses to the cams. I don't see the old tensioners themselves.

You also have the air injection pump, check valve, brackets, and injectors. Missing is the metal spider that connected to the air pump check valve under the engine tin and then distributed the air to the injectors in the heads.

Not sure about that long black hose at the right above the AC compressor. The clamps on it suggest it was for water. I think those Y-connectors in the plastic bag are also from a water-cooled car.

This is what the spider looks like:

Mark
Old 03-06-2021, 12:44 PM
Chapron67
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mark.

greg
Old 03-09-2021, 01:02 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

I took all the same off my 79. I agree with Mark about the hose by the ac compressor. I cant place that.
Is the manifold he posted the picture off still attached to the bottom of your motor? You have to remove the heat exchangers to get it out intact so a lot have been cut off over the years which would explain why that part is not there. Kinda figure it was either cut away or still on the car. Since the nozzles that go into it are pictured in the bag I would suspect the old manifold is gone from the car and the plugs have hopefully been installed in the holes.

FWIW I cant remember the price but I was able to sell my complete smog system for a pretty good value to some poor sole in California that was in need. You may consider listing what you have for sale if you have no use for it.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:40 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,172 Likes on 840 Posts

this is how i got mine off:
Attachment 1340348

Quick Reply: Could someone confirm these parts...