Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

996 rear suspension into 911?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 05:37 AM
Cary E
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Wes,

I’m familiar with Howard’s car; it is scheduled to be in my shop next week to do the final setup before it hits the track for the first time. Look at the October 2000 Excellence and you can read the article on Carlos’s first car. That was the first car I did the 993 rear suspension conversion on (and final setup) mostly because I was tired of everyone telling me it would never work. I already knew it worked on paper but, we’d never know for sure until we tried it in real life. Lucky for me Carlos is a really good friend that trusts me explicitly on projects like this and said, “OK, let’s do it, where do we start,” and the rest is history. After designing that car I also raced it a few times to confirm what I did actually worked and it does (I was one of the drivers in the tribute race it won.) This conversion makes the cars super easy to drive and very forgiving. I’ve been directly involved in some 20 plus conversions since.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:10 PM
vitzaa
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! Fantastic info!!
So I recently acquired one of these little gems and was wondering if anyone might know any info on it?

I was told the car was built in Washington. It's a 75tub with the five link rear suspension and 935 front suspension. Body is metal 993 turbo with turbo-s rear fender scoops. Had a 3.6(?) Twin turbo motor that the person I purchased it from removed and kept. G50 tranny is in the car. The conversion appears to be well done and has all aftermarket suspension components. Previous owner purchased the car in a divorce sale from Santa rosa, California in the early 2000’s...

if anyone has any info on it, it would fantastic!! I know these things are pretty rare and it’s a “small” world out there at times...

thank you!
victor

Last edited by vitzaa; 09-08-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Quick Reply: 996 rear suspension into 911?