Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

that is a great price given everything done to the car
Old 02-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Beautiful car.... I reread the first post.... sorry

Last edited by Trader220; 02-13-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:14 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

I appreciate everyones positive comments, but it still needs a new home where it will be driven
Old 02-16-2019, 03:25 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Put it on Bringatrailer, it'll be mayhem.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:53 PM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
True!
Old 02-20-2019, 08:14 AM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely! Spring is right around the corner and Christmas (drain on the wallet) a couple months in the rear view mirror. And as a suggestion for placing it on BaT, first spend some time studying some of the well done Porsche 911 ads and the level of details written up and the volume of photos displayed. A couple of examples of what I'm talking about-
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911t-targa-10/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-911-11/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-911t-21/

and IIRC, the fee at BaT for sellers is something like only $99. Also, if you go that route, once the ad starts running stay plugged into the ad and post prompt replies to questions and comments viewers post. That provides a good dialogue which helps bring the best bidding IMNSHO.
Good Luck,
Curt
Old 02-21-2019, 01:18 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Off topic, but sure the OP will appreciate. As soon as I saw that you were turning 77 on the main board, I immediately thought of my Father who's turning 77 May and served in Nam between 65 and 66. Sure enough, I click into your thread and see the Phantom in your avatar. My Father was at Fort Radcliff / An Khe Army Airfield w/ the 1st Cav 70th Eng Battalion, which was all helicopters and C-130s. His cousin was an Air force Colonel, based in the Pentagon, who was heavily involved w/ operation Rolling Thunder. How many tours and where did you serve?
Old 02-23-2019, 08:36 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Must be an old guy thing but I have never been on "Bring a Trailer" Ebay, Craigs list etc. I also don't facebook or any of the other social medias and I don't have a PayPal account but we do have indoor plumbing and electricity Hi.

Since I'm old, but don't want to act it, I remembered more items added to the car such as a WEVO shifter, all new shift rod bushing and turbo tie rods and I'm sure there are more

Besides your hair etc that goes your typing skills get sloppy
Old 02-24-2019, 01:15 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Must be an old guy thing but I have never been on "Bring a Trailer" Ebay, Craigs list etc. I also don't facebook or any of the other social medias and I don't have a PayPal account but we do have indoor plumbing and electricity Hi.

Since I'm old, but don't want to act it, I remembered more items added to the car such as a WEVO shifter, all new shift rod bushing and turbo tie rods and I'm sure there are more

Bringatrailer and Craigslist are night and day.

Craigslist brings out the pond scum, all sorts of scammers, low-ballers, tire kickers, self professed brokers, etc.
Bringatrailer can be hard work, with people dinging the car for no good reason just to stir crap, but it's a great way to get top dollar for.good cars. I encourage you to take a look at it. Just take a look at some of the auctionS.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:34 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Bringatrailer and Craigslist are night and day.

Craigslist brings out the pond scum, all sorts of scammers, low-ballers, tire kickers, self professed brokers, etc.
Bringatrailer can be hard work, with people dinging the car for no good reason just to stir crap, but it's a great way to get top dollar for.good cars. I encourage you to take a look at it. Just take a look at some of the auctionS.
Yes, I also like BAT. I can learn quite a bit about what’s right or wrong about a car, especially if it’s a vintage I know nothing about.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:02 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt

If you could write a full list of what is on the car and what you've done to it, along with pay a photog to take great pics, I think this car would sell for big $ on bring a trailer. They do all the work, you just need great pics and descriptions.

I really like this thing, a LOT. I need space. Want a spyder? :-)
Old 02-26-2019, 10:38 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Craigslist brings out the pond scum, .
It also brings out the guy who comes by the same day with $65,000 in cash.

Quick Reply: Time to downsize