Oil return tubes

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 12:14 AM
hksamc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil return tubes

Hi all,

Anyone of you tried the oil return tubes from Rauch & Spiegel? Are they better than the original one?

Cheers, Eric
Old 02-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Starbuckslova1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never used them, but if I had to replace mine again I would.

check out the reviews. and the install

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/93010704001.htm?pn=930-107-040-01-M157&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImNqI3rOi4AIVjonICh0wEgLiEAQYASABEgJ5APD_BwE

pelicican
forum would be best to ask that question
Old 02-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I had them on my 964 for a while. They were fine.

I ultimately upgraded the P&Cs to the later design and put in solid tubes at that time.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:44 PM
aaron.finch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am doing a top end and was looking at my oil return tubes .. they look a little tarnished with a bit of surfce rust but other than that look fine .. they are the one piece ones ... is it a crazy idea to just put seals on them and ruse them or is it a no brainer to replace them . ?
Old 02-15-2019, 11:23 PM
Starbuckslova1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron.finch
I am doing a top end and was looking at my oil return tubes .. they look a little tarnished with a bit of surfce rust but other than that look fine .. they are the one piece ones ... is it a crazy idea to just put seals on them and ruse them or is it a no brainer to replace them . ?
Id leave them if thier not leaking
Old 02-16-2019, 12:04 AM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hksamc
Hi all,

Anyone of you tried the oil return tubes from Rauch & Spiegel? Are they better than the original one?

Cheers, Eric
Interesting you'd ask this as we just replaced all the tubes yesterday on my 914-6, using the Rauch and Spiegel versions. My tech (42 years with Porsche, semi retired) has seen them all, cursed at many, likes a few. He was pretty impressed with the build quality, and they are really substantially heavier duty feeling than the commonly advertised versions, which are admittedly about half the price.

The sturdiness allows you to push them harder into their seats w/o relying on any clamp force tool that can crumple the lighter duty ones. Also, the slide down clip is on the money to secure the extended tube. Plus, they also look quite nice.

I cannot however address their sealing ability since we've not reinstalled the engine, but hey, it's tubes and o-rings which are pretty reliable. I've no regrets with these units, and when the 3.2 Carrera needs tubes, these are what I'll choose. Hope this helps, Best to you.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:17 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Huh ?? He is doing a top end . Only go with one piece. Replacing the orings should be okay but i replaced all mine and don't regret it.
Only takes a small area of corrosion to leak past the oring

Quick Reply: Oil return tubes