Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

for anybody looking for a car

Old 01-14-2019, 03:17 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,007 Likes on 715 Posts
Default for anybody looking for a car

Saw this , seems like okay deal , don't know any details , I just happened to come across it and its not my car. Sometimes we have guys come on here looking for cars and thought this might be one someone could investigate, no mileage indicated that I could see.

https://www.excellence-mag.com/class...7#.XDzfvkxFwpg
Old 01-14-2019, 04:12 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 184 Posts

Beverly hills car club

Looks a little crusty underneath,... and is that RTV on the crankcase parting line? I cant make it zoom on my screen.

In general BHCC seems like a hard no base on the stories and examples ive seen
Old 01-14-2019, 11:42 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There has to be something wrong with it, or very high miles. There's no way a dealer, even BHCC, would put a $40k asking price on a G50. Still, there could be a deal lurking in there somewhere.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:38 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

I don't think there are deals to be had with BHCC, these guys sell hundreds of cars and know exactly where to set the price. For what I know, they don't usually blatantly misrepresent their cars, but you have to be very careful reading through the lines. If it says "mechanically sound", I interpret it as: it's maybe ok mechanically, but bad in many other ways.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:35 PM
Tvcam911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to see this car in person over the summer. They pulled it out front for me. Car has a dent in the driver side rear fender and it wouldn’t start. They had to jump it. No problem, maybe a bad battery, Car was pretty dirty underneath, don’t think the sunroof worked and few electrical things didn’t work. Can’t remember the mileage but I want to say it was around 110k. I passed and found a 89’ turbo look coupe but paid $46k for it. Granted it didn’t need a thing. 120k miles, original paint and interior, runs perfect. I guess you get what you pay for. Sure I probably over paid but it was exactly what I wanted and all I did was put a steering wheel on it.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:33 PM
Starbuckslova1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice find. Car looks nice. But I know the dealer, his cars are usually pretty rough like gullwing, but their pretty honest. They'll do the bare min to get it running. This is something that's been sitting around alittle rough and he Probally paid 30k for.

I always prefer to buy direct from an owner.

Here's 2 I would check out

78 sc 22k

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/d/new-milford-1978-porsche-911-sc-coupe/6796039603.html

Heres a 91 cab for 32k needs some cosmetics no affiliation

https://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/d/staten-island-1991-porsche-911/6792872011.html
Old 01-16-2019, 12:55 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

The only way to buy a car from BHCC is to fly in and inspect it yourself. They are not rip off artists. But they find and sell everything in every kind of condition and it's not really a "showroom" experience like going to a Sloan or Mohr. They don't closely inspect them. They give them a detail and get them running if it's easy. Beyond that, most of the cars come with no history and you need to do your own inspection and test drive of the car to decide what you think. There are deals to be had.

If you see a car you are serious about, and don't have the time to fly in, Techweenie offers a service where he will go over there and assess a car for you, for a fee.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Starbuckslova1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
The only way to buy a car from BHCC is to fly in and inspect it yourself. They are not rip off artists. But they find and sell everything in every kind of condition and it's not really a "showroom" experience like going to a Sloan or Mohr. They don't closely inspect them. They give them a detail and get them running if it's easy. Beyond that, most of the cars come with no history and you need to do your own inspection and test drive of the car to decide what you think. There are deals to be had.

If you see a car you are serious about, and don't have the time to fly in, Techweenie offers a service where he will go over there and assess a car for you, for a fee.
Exactly same goes for gullwing, I just found bhcc more honest
Old 01-16-2019, 01:53 PM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears

Because I had a smaller budget for my hotrod project, I visited BHCC 2 or 3 times. Most of their cars are in bad shape, but they aren't hiding anything and you can argue some are priced well for what they are. Now, I missed a great buy there one of my visits. I was there the day they got in a '72T. I inspected the car over and was blown away by the condition - even had all of the original books with dealer stamps and prior owner info (he was in Long Beach - so CA car) in the glove box. It was priced very well, but outside of the budget I set for myself. I was the first person to look at the car - told them I was going to have lunch with my wife to make a decision. I was called not even an hour later (still eating lunch) and was told it sold. It was purchased sight unseen from someone out of state. So, deals can be found there.

Techweenie helped me evaluate a couple cars in my search. The car I purchased was done sight unseen so I tried to get a few sets of eyes on it - both in person and viewing photos. Techweenie took a bunch of time reviewing photos for me and confirmed that I got a good deal. The first car he looked at for me he advised not to purchase.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:59 PM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Well! Just look at the left vs right gaps on the front hood! The left gap looks really big! And the mid part of the front bumper looks like it's it bad shape!

Just looked at the first picture in my handy but that's my thoughts.

Edit: The bumper looks ok in the second picture but the hood is ill fitting!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:03 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,449 Likes on 956 Posts

With 20k engine build prices price is quite subjective.

Love to hear for 40k what mileage and what condition?
Old 01-17-2019, 06:15 PM
sugarwood
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

It's got 161k miles.
https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...upe-c-8838.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: for anybody looking for a car