Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 05:18 AM
tryinlanister
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPER CARS

NEWSAUDI
Audi Will Build Production Version Of PB18 E-Tron

Audi confirmed in a recent interview that it will take the PB18 e-tron concept car that it showed off last year and make a production model. The all-electric supercar is a model that wowed everyone when it appeared at Monterey Car Week.

However, I didn’t expect it to actually become a production car. With that said, Audi is pushing hard for EV development, and this is one way to continue that progress.

Audi’s Global CEO Bram Schot told Autoweek Netherlands that the company would make 50 of the unique EV supercar. He also said the car would be launched in the next two years.

Schot didn’t let slip many details about the car. If it has performance specifications close to the actual concept, the vehicle could have 671 hp and 612 lb-ft of torque. Audi claimed the car could go from 0 to 62 mph in just two seconds. I hope the production car will be that powerful and fast or even faster.

Powering the concept car was a 95-kilowatt-hour battery that provided enough juice for about 310 miles of range. Audi claimed that the 800-volt charger allowed the battery to reach full capacity in about 15 minutes.

I don’t know if we should expect the production car to have more impressive or less impressive technology than the concept car. My first instinct is to suggest it would be slightly less impressive. However, with the way EV technology is developing, I wouldn’t be surprised if Audi could squeeze a little more performance out of the design by the time the car came to market.

According to The Supercar Blog, the car will be a precursor to the new Audi R8, which it says will be a 1000 hp all-electric supercar.
Another Supra Leak With Images And Possible Price

Toyota will officially debut the Supra at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, but there might be nothing left to discuss at that point.

According to new information via SupraMKV, the price of the new Supra will start at $49,990 for the base model. The next trim level up is called Premium, and it will have a price starting at $53,990. The trim level after that is the Launch Edition. It will start at $55,250.

Of course, all of these prices have not been confirmed by Toyota, so there’s a chance that they could be incorrect. SupraMKV also leaked a couple new images of the whole car in all its sporty glory.

Supra leaked image and price
Image from SupraMKV
All of the trim levels have a 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine. The Launch Edition is the pre-order version of the car, according to Jalopnik. The site says the model is based on the Premium version of the car with a few additional aesthetic changes.

The starting price of the Supra sounds very reasonable when you look around the industry at other sporty coupes. If the prices are correct, we could see most potential buyers being pleased with it.

While it’s nice to keep getting all of these leaks on the Supra, I almost wish people would be able to keep some of it to themselves. There won’t be much for Toyota to reveal in Detroit. With that said, I’m going to keep reporting on the leaks because, well, the Supra is awesome, and I want to know more about it. I’m looking forward to the official reveal.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:24 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,022 Likes on 727 Posts

well.... that didnt last long... we got spammed ..
Old 06-23-2020, 05:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,022 Likes on 727 Posts

Quick Reply: SUPER CARS