Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone know this 911 SC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 05:51 PM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

^understood. Deals are tough to come by. I searched multiple sites for a year before I landed a deal. My car was priced right but definitely needs work
Old 12-29-2018, 09:49 AM
mohara
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're still interested in the car, see if the dealer would allow you to take it for a full inspection by a Porsche dealer. As with all older Porsche's there are many potential expensive problems that a cursory inepction will not reveal
Old 12-29-2018, 11:07 AM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

To the OP.... This dealer has a spotty reputation. Check the Pelican Parts forums. Car looks good, but without an extensive service history, suggest a comprehensive PPI. Tea tray spoiler on the back is a period correct option for the SC, so that's less of a concern. There are many 3.2 Carreras available in the same price range. I suggest checking the Pelican Parts classifieds as well as the PCA classifieds. Lots of cars for sale in the right price range...
Old 12-30-2018, 01:04 AM
Starbuckslova1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know the car or the dealer

The car looks nice. 42k I think is fair if its well sorted and needs nothing or almost nothing. Millage I wouldent worry about
I would see the car in person and pay for a proper ppi.

If it checks out and you like red id go for it.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:05 AM
Starbuckslova1
Racer

Honestly id rather buy from an owner off the forum here or pelican. This would be a safer choice
Old 01-02-2019, 02:11 AM
Starbuckslova1
Racer

Originally Posted by jeebus31
I am a PCA member. However the majority of those listings are asking unreasonable amounts. I would rather get a good deal on something that needs a little work as I like getting my hands dirty so the labor is cheap
I'm a pca member also most of the asking prices are unrealistic on older cars. Try here and pelican forums some decent deals
Old 01-03-2019, 03:26 AM
66wes
Cruisin'

My FIRST post. OP & members great thread! I am in the same boat. I am looking for a nice 911 Carrera ('84-'89) myself. I'm in AZ and nothing here for sale ever satisfies my taste, so I'm looking nationwide. I plan to look at and test drive many of these cars before buying so I can get a good feel for what is junk and what is solid. I'll for sure use a PPI regardless of any car I plan to purchase in the future. I prefer private owner versus a dealer, but for the right car I guess its a toss up.

So whats the typical cost to have a PPI performed? Does it vary?

Last edited by 66wes; 01-07-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:02 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 66wes
My FIRST post. OP & members great thread! I am in the same boat. I am looking for a nice 911 Carrera ('87-'89) myself. I'm in AZ and nothing here for sale ever satisfies my taste, so I'm looking nationwide. I am reading more and more each day to educate myself about these cars. I plan to look at and test drive many of these cars before buying so I can get a good feel for what is junk and what is solid. I'll for sure use a PPI regardless of any car I plan to purchase in the future. I prefer private owner versus a dealer, but for the right car I guess its a toss up. I'll check out the PCA. Hopefully it is not too expensive to join.

So whats the typical cost to have a PPI performed? Does it vary?
prices vary on PPI, my son-in-law just purchased an '01 Turbo, cost him $350 for a PPI, very thorough, seven page report, it didn't include the compression leakdown test as those are for the air-cooled cars, my '87 911 Coupe is For Sale, if you have any interest PM me.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:26 AM
66wes
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by grgallo
prices vary on PPI, my son-in-law just purchased an '01 Turbo, cost him $350 for a PPI, very thorough, seven page report, it didn't include the compression leakdown test as those are for the air-cooled cars, my '87 911 Coupe is For Sale, if you have any interest PM me.
Thank you for the info. I'd like to hear more about your '87. I tried to PM you, but its not allowing me to. Not sure if its because I am new here or not. PM me with your email address and I'll contact you that way for info and pics. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:35 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by grgallo
Imo compression and leak down is for ANY car. Additional scoping for bore scoring if it is water cooled.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:19 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 66wes
Thank you for the info. I'd like to hear more about your '87. I tried to PM you, but its not allowing me to. Not sure if its because I am new here or not. PM me with your email address and I'll contact you that way for info and pics. Let me know. Thanks.
I tried to send a PM, it would not allow it. So, you'll need to go to Your Control Panel, Settings and Options, Edit Options, Messaging, Notifications and check box "Enable Private Messages"
Old 01-04-2019, 06:20 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
Imo compression and leak down is for ANY car. Additional scoping for bore scoring if it is water cooled.
I mis-spoke

Quick Reply: Anyone know this 911 SC?