Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   911 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum-56/)
-   -   '72 911T Hot Rod Build (https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/1107367-72-911t-hot-rod-build.html)

Super90 01-09-2019 11:00 PM

Bring a lot of Euros. He only takes cash....and he knows exactly what he has....

rxtrom 01-10-2019 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by myflat6 (Post 15554768)
Way earlier in my thread I shared that my car had aftermarket mirrors. I have been searching for original mirrors (the small rectangle size was only used in '72, '73 - and I like it better than the small round). Lots of repros out there and a few originals that were $$. I found a great deal on Early S for this driver side mirror. Still looking for passenger side or may just weld up the mounting holes on that side - I doubt it was delivered with a passenger side mirror (Not on COA) and it is a cleaner hot rod look.
Attachment 1298578

Excellent work on your car, but frankly the reason for the quote embarrassingly enough is to ask about the bottle in this pic. I have been trying to chase down this Brew for a buddy and they do not distribute anywhere on the east coast. Is it as good as everyone says it is?

myflat6 01-10-2019 08:55 PM

^so here is a little about me. In addition to old air cooled Porsche's, I enjoy music on vinyl records and good beer. We are spoiled in CA with having an explosion of craft beers. I am always trying new beers at craft breweries - even when I travel on business, I usually look up the local breweries. Pliny is very good - if you like IPA's it should be on your list to try. There are better IPA's popping up all the time here in CA though. It is even really hard to get Pliny here in CA as they really limit the distribution. Only a few places can sell it, it shows up randomly at those places and they limit ONE bottle per person - crazy, right? So one of my favorite breweries is Long Trail in VT and they do not distribute out here - maybe we can work out a trade :biggulp:

I may start a new theme in some of my pics by introducing some of my favorite brews haha

rxtrom 01-10-2019 10:02 PM

^^^

You read my mind. PM'd

WBYonder 01-10-2019 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by myflat6 (Post 15557218)
^so here is a little about me. In addition to old air cooled Porsche's, I enjoy music on vinyl records and good beer. We are spoiled in CA with having an explosion of craft beers. I am always trying new beers at craft breweries - even when I travel on business, I usually look up the local breweries. Pliny is very good - if you like IPA's it should be on your list to try. There are better IPA's popping up all the time here in CA though. It is even really hard to get Pliny here in CA as they really limit the distribution. Only a few places can sell it, it shows up randomly at those places and they limit ONE bottle per person - crazy, right? So one of my favorite breweries is Long Trail in VT and they do not distribute out here - maybe we can work out a trade :biggulp:

I may start a new theme in some of my pics by introducing some of my favorite brews haha

Bill,

You’re speaking my language! I wasn’t kidding when I said you should drop by for a beer if you’re in the NW!

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...dc2528083.jpeg

myflat6 01-11-2019 12:06 AM

*nice! Wow, love the tap setup - good selection on tap with stickers from other microbreweries - I would be up for a pour for sure! Will definitely have to see if I can make a trip your way. We may be headed to eastern OR this summer (crater lake and Bend - hit Deschuttes brewery there) but maybe not quite to Eastern WA - we will see. Cheers!

WBYonder 01-11-2019 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by myflat6 (Post 15557619)
*nice! Wow, love the tap setup - good selection on tap with stickers from other microbreweries - I would be up for a pour for sure! Will definitely have to see if I can make a trip your way. We may be headed to eastern OR this summer (crater lake and Bend - hit Deschuttes brewery there) but maybe not quite to Eastern WA - we will see. Cheers!

We love Bend. We’re about 4.5 hours from there. If you want some recommendations, let me know.

myflat6 01-12-2019 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the driver side trailing arm and spring plate installed. Experience from doing the passenger side helped this go very smoothly. Attachment 1298699

myflat6 01-12-2019 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my ebrake/hub hardware sandblasted and powder coated. I also got my rear signal housings and heater boxes sandblasted but I started painting them before I took a picture - will share pics of those after they dry.

myflat6 01-12-2019 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Painted the heater boxes using high temp header paint and high temp clear. Not sure I will even put these back on the car yet as I will be cleaning up the area around the trans and motor when it is dropped and also repairing the rear seat buckets will require these to be removed anyway. But they look a heck of a lot better now :thumbup:

Spyerx 01-12-2019 10:42 PM

Which spring plates did you end up doing?

if your cv need a refresh let me know I’ll give you name of shop that specializes in rebuilding them for pretty small $ (they do racks too, that’s all they do. Racks and drive shafts/cvs). They’ve done the axles on 4 of my cars. Not a hard job. But damn is it messy.

myflat6 01-12-2019 10:53 PM

Hey man. I kept stock. I'm weird. I continue to struggle between stock and mod. I want someone to look in the wheel wells and see stock but the mods are hiding. This will be a sleeper hotrod. I even painted mine black like the longhoods do. My motor will be the same. Keeping MFI but the guts will produce ponies.

myflat6 01-12-2019 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by myflat6
Hey man. I kept stock. I'm weird. I continue to struggle between stock and mod. I want someone to look in the wheel wells and see stock but the mods are hiding. This will be a sleeper hotrod. I even painted mine black like the longhoods do. My motor will be the same. Keeping MFI but the guts will produce ponies.

oh and my CV's were supposedly done by a shop recently based on receipts. -- watching Rams game and just realized I quoted my own statement for this reply - dumb

Spyerx 01-12-2019 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by myflat6 (Post 15561838)

im same. But. The adjustable plates make corner balance way easier. I guess Sc plates powder coated or painted could keep the look....shop,is trying to source some tbars. Nobody has the sanders 21mm right now

yawn at the game. Want a game!

myflat6 01-12-2019 11:03 PM

Adjustable plates probably make way more sense. Who knows, I may even go that direction someday once I stop feeling bad about modifying a longhood. I have two very original cars - so this is a bit new to me. Still trying to balance stock and mod - eventually that balance will falter!