Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

new 2017 Guards Red C4S conundrum

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:24 PM
fanderso3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new 2017 Guards Red C4S conundrum

Hello All! I'm new to this forum. I was on the forum many years ago with my 2000 Boxster S, but a few weeks ago I traded that in for a 2017 Guards Red C4S. It's great to be back. Driving the C4S is fantastic. It's just plain fun to drive. I can already tell I'm going to be blowing a lot of money on gas for this baby. I'll post pictures once I figure out how.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to get opinions on how to handle a particular issue. Since new, the moonroof cloth when opening or closing makes grinding sounds and it's annoying. I expect there is an alignment issue, or something else that can get worse over time. So, I'd like to have it fixed. However, Porsche service told me they'll have to remove the ceiling material in order to remove the moon roof so that it can be fixed or replaced. I'm wondering whether I should have them do the work since I'm concerned about how everything will fit together after the fix.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning toward having it fixed since it could get worse over time, but maybe not.

I welcome any comments.

fanderso3
Old 09-13-2018, 07:22 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

try the water cooled 991 forum, we are old air-cooled dudes here, enjoy your car
Old 09-13-2018, 07:36 PM
fanderso3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh gosh...how did I end up in the air-cooled forum. Thanks for pointing that out!

Quick Reply: new 2017 Guards Red C4S conundrum