Good shop in SF Bay Area to work on Interior Rattle/Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 09:25 PM
cug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good shop in SF Bay Area to work on Interior Rattle/Squeak

Hi All,

I have some squeaks and rattles that my dealership doesn't seem to be able to solve and Porsche Corporate doesn't seem interested in helping me with this, so I'm taking matters into my own hands before I consider just selling the car and getting something from a different manufacturer out of sheer frustration.

Does anybody here have a recommendation for an outstanding shop that goes the extra mile to solve interior rattles and squeaks in the San Francisco Bay Area? I'm in the South Bay, but please recommend any shop nearby as long as you think they are truly outstanding at this.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2018, 09:16 PM
cug
Instructor

Anybody?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:45 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

If you rev out the engine more, hit the PSE button or turn the Bose up loud does it go away?

😋
Old 08-03-2018, 11:01 PM
cug
Instructor

No.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:08 AM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

What year and model car? makes a difference on shop recommendations
Old 08-04-2018, 02:58 PM
cug
Instructor

2017 991.2.

And before you recommend the warranty route, I've been to the dealer where I bought the car three times and three times they
  • didn't listen,
  • "fixed" things I wasn't pointing out, that did nothing to solve the noises,
  • are now unwilling to give it another try.
At this point I've written to Porsche, expressing my disappointment. They referred to the dealer and said if they don't want/can't do anything else, that's it. I'm stuck with a piece of **** interior quality or assembly, I don't know what it is, but the car has been deeply disappointing in terms of quality and before I lose tens of thousands of dollars by just trading it for something else, I'd like to give another shop a try. I'm perfectly fine to have that not happen under warranty, as Porsche in there infinite wisdom don't seem to understand what message they have conveyed to me.

Personally, I'm telling every co-worker and every friend, to never ever get a Porsche if they want service/quality that reflects the price point. Every single car I've ever owned has been better in "bang for the buck". But I also have to say that my 911 is the most fun car to drive. Trade-offs. If looking for quality, I can't neither recommend the brand nor the dealer I have experienced so far.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:32 AM
Saadi996tt
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

California has some very strict Lemon laws, look up your options and if the vehicle has been out of service for 30 days it qualifies as a lemon.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:37 AM
cug
Instructor

As much as I am personally annoyed by the noises, I don't think that would be appropriate. The car is running fine, I'm just pissed by what I perceive very poor interior quality or craftsmanship. I don't know whether it's one or the other, both are possible. I'm looking for options. I'd even pull pieces apart if I had technical documentation on how to do so. I might get an account and pay for it to pull the relevant information from the Porsche maintenance/service documentation.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, years ago (many!) I was with Nissan Consumer Relations out of SSF. Suggest contacting Porsche C/R by phone as a start. I had two customers and two corresponding dealers that had given up on correcting the issues with their customer's cars. I called both dealers and arranged for each to take the other's customers in. After much wailing and complaining, both service managers agreed. Both cars fixed in one visit! At a later year, I worked for a dealer in SF. There were two other dealers in the City for the same mfgr. THOSE dealers didn't want to do ANY warranty work and would B.S. their customers!
Those customers came to our service dept., got their cars fixed and came BACK for ALL subsequent service! Needless to say, we were audited, time an again, because we billed the factory for more warranty work than the other dealers........ Moral of the story: get a FRESH set of brains on the issues and return to that store for all your service.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:35 PM
cug
Instructor

To give you some context, this is how Porsche responded to me:

"Thank you for your patience. I was able to get in touch with Service Manager XXXXX at YYYYYY Porsche. He informed me that, at this time and based upon the information they have from the last service visit regarding these noises, there are no further steps to take with this unless there are significant changes in the noises."
Therefore, Porsche basically told me go eff myself.

The dealer was actually not very reluctant with warranty work, they just never actually investigated closer the areas I pointed out. Only the ones they thought the noises came from – which so far was not successful.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

have you spoken to Gunter , The service manager at P Fremont?

He has exceeded my expectations on a car I did not purchase at that dealership. His team fixed items another dealership could not.

As a side note- my .02 PNA is useless and they will allow you to file a claim but it goes nowhere.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:55 PM
TerrySmith
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Porsche of Fremont were able to find and fix a rattle on my Cayman that other shops could not figure out. I may have misled the other shops a bit by thinking it was the rear hatch rattle common (per posts on another forum) in Caymans older than mine. Turned out to be a loose e-brake cable and P Fremont fixed it under warranty. I have a couple other squeaks and rattles that no one can figure out and so I gave up. One of those seems to have gone away on its own.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:14 AM
cug
Instructor

Thanks for the tip, I'll talk to them!
Old 08-16-2018, 04:51 PM
needspeed
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I will add to the list of praises to Porsche of Fremont. They rebuilt all the mechanicals on my '87 Carrera. Great workmanship, honest, and very pleasant to deal with.

Quick Reply: Good shop in SF Bay Area to work on Interior Rattle/Squeak