blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

70k cash i am out and buying another one plus now I have more cash to do it up
Old 07-17-2017, 11:25 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,023 Likes on 728 Posts

yeah thats like 100K CAD. Enough to buy a very nice SC and enough change left over to pick up a 996 TT
Old 07-17-2017, 11:53 AM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iFox
If I sold it for 70k, sure I would make $$ but then what?
Then you pocket 40k profit and buy another SC just like yours for 30k. There are thousands more just like it. I can't believe anyone would walk away from an offer like that.

Did you get his phone number? I'd like to contact him about my car.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:58 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

I think it may have been a feel god moment more than anything. I have people offer to buy my car all the time , I just nod and laugh and its really just an eye roll inside.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 PM
iFox
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Dave
Then you pocket 40k profit and buy another SC just like yours for 30k. There are thousands more just like it. I can't believe anyone would walk away from an offer like that.

Did you get his phone number? I'd like to contact him about my car.
You think I'm finding another 78' with 37k miles no sunroof in pristine condition AND for $30K? LOL. I don't think so. Not here in the States , thats for sure. I had been looking for over a year before finding my car and I paid close to $50K for it.

Sher-
Old 07-17-2017, 01:18 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iFox
You think I'm finding another 78' with 37k miles no sunroof in pristine condition AND for $30K? LOL. I don't think so. Not here in the States , thats for sure. I had been looking for over a year before finding my car and I paid close to $50K for it.

Sher-
Agreed. Hard to pass on $70k for an SC but no telling how long you would be waiting to find one in similar condition.

Doesn't it have some nice euro market cloth seats as well? That alone, to me at least, is easily worth another few thousand. I'd take euro cloth (pasha, stripes, etc) over leather any day. Crazier the better IMO.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:26 PM
iFox
Instructor

Originally Posted by greens
Agreed. Hard to pass on $70k for an SC but no telling how long you would be waiting to find one in similar condition.
Exactly... and I definitely would want another, but then if cars like mine were plentiful, I really doubt I would be getting those kinds of offers. When you consider what $70K gets you right now in terms of sports cars, especially Porsche models, its easy to me to see the bargain. Where and what can you get that looks and drives as well and is not only gong to appreciate but is super dependable/bulletproof and PRACTICAL for what it is? Also, I have driven a fair amount of SC's and 3.2's. These early model SC's (stripper cars..no sunroof, no ac, no power windows) are so nimble and just feel amazing to drive and listen to. Nothing quite like it.

Sher-
Old 07-17-2017, 01:45 PM
iFox
Instructor

Originally Posted by greens

Doesn't it have some nice euro market cloth seats as well? That alone, to me at least, is easily worth another few thousand. I'd take euro cloth (pasha, stripes, etc) over leather any day. Crazier the better IMO.
Ahhh its true.. mine does have the velour/velvet stripe inserts. I also have a white headliner which really gives the inside a great look. I also have these neat little button straps that keep the rear seat up. Seeing the little straps through the rear window is a really nice detail.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:04 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly, these cars are from an era when quality mattered. These cars were built to last, and still reflected the character of the German craftsmen who hand-built them. I say good call. Keep it and know that you're driving the Luis Vuitton, the Stetson, the Zeiss, or Tiffany or Leica of the car world.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:08 PM
iFox
Instructor

Originally Posted by rusnak
Honestly, these cars are from an era when quality mattered. These cars were built to last, and still reflected the character of the German craftsmen who hand-built them. I say good call. Keep it and know that you're driving the Luis Vuitton, the Stetson, the Zeiss, or Tiffany or Leica of the car world.

Indeed... the quality can be felt all around and also the honesty in such a purposeful machine. Its minimalism at its finest. Mies van der Rohe would approve.

Sher-
Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Ah, that slays me. I have been eyeing the licensed Le Corbusier LC3 chairs and an LC2 sofa for the new office. I think I've just enough room. Come to think of it, I'd better see if I need to move a wall.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:30 PM
iFox
Instructor

Ah, that slays me. I have been eyeing the licensed Le Corbusier LC3 chairs and an LC2 sofa for the new office. I think I've just enough room. Come to think of it, I'd better see if I need to move a wall.
I live in a Mies Co-op and the board just decided to reupholster our lobby chairs/stools. There are two buildings in the Co-op and each has 4 Barcelona chairs and 4 stools. The cost to reupholster all of them with new leather comes to over $40K! I guess ours are original and thus makes this move right. Licensed new pieces would of saved a bundle though.

Sher-
Old 07-17-2017, 04:03 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Yes, but not the same as the original. You can see the reproductions at Design Within Reach. It's a sickness though. Once you have one piece..........
Old 07-17-2017, 04:09 PM
iFox
Instructor

Yes, but not the same as the original. You can see the reproductions at Design Within Reach. It's a sickness though. Once you have one piece..........
So you are into furniture too. I have only a stool (knoll) but I really got into Living Divani stuff.. We have the extra wall in our place..very modular and architectural.

Sher-

Old 07-17-2017, 04:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I love the minimalist look

Quick Reply: I was offered $70k