993 Forum 1995-1998

Who is going to concours d'elegance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Who is going to concours d'elegance?

I'm planning on going to pepple beach for concours d'elegance in August? Any rennlisters planning on going? what are the better days to go? where to stay?

Last edited by agent325; 11-23-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 PM
sansh2o
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going Tuesday for the Automobilia show and for the Concours on the Avenue, then back on Friday for the Concorso Italiano (morning) and the Cars of the Autobahn (afternoon). Saturday will be at the track and Sunday at Pebble Beach for the Concours. So many events that week, and they're all good, so you can't really go wrong. Most hotels (even the flea bags) book up months in advance so you may have difficulty finding a place now unless you've got deep pockets...
Old 07-15-2010, 02:01 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Carlo-- I'm a neophyte with the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, but if you get into town earlier, or can make Laguna Seca's raceway on one weekend day (similar to sansH2O):
The schedule of the week's events on JDHertz11's "Monterey Historics 2010" thread may help. Likewise, check there for a link to a commercial website that lists the week's happenings.
The thread also has mentionings of what may turn into a RL gathering Fri PM, Aug 13. Last year's RL gathering was a blast

Dean-- Good to see you back here! Nice timing: I was planning to ask you if we can meet up in Monterey with Pauly. Would be great to catch up with you two ... & admire your 993s
Like you, I hope to make Carmel's Concours on the Ave Tues; really enjoyed it last year. Might make Fri's Concourso Italiano, too. I may have to leave CA as early as noon Sat, Aug 14, so Laguna Seca fun could be out for me
Please keep in touch -- I'll zap you a PM.

Speedy with Pauly's last year:
Originally Posted by curve lover
^^ From the "Monterey '09 photo thread: Laguna, Pebble, Quail, etc."
Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Plan on being there for the week. Still trying to decide what to do when. "sansh20" (like that handle) has a good agenda / order.

Marriott brands in Morgan Hill still had reasonable (at least to me) priced rooms a few weeks ago. You will need a car to get to the track and Monetary from there.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^ Kein-- Dig your avatar (family art), plate, & screen name.
Maybe meet in Monterey

Dean-- Thanks for the PM. Update: Mon night looks good @ Pauly's pad; hope you can make it.

I posted my tentative schedule on the "Submit Photos for 2010 Calendar - Information Here!" sticky thread last week.
Two changes: Sat, can probably stay for Laguna Seca.
Fri, am split between Speedy at Concorso Italiano or Legends of the Autobahn.

Concorso's predominantly Italian , & Legends is mostly BMW, but Legends' hosting Porsche Club of America participants.
One trusted RLer called me yesterday, said Legends is the one for me this year; he was at Concorso last year.
On the other hand, Pauly's committed to showing at Concorso
Never been to either, I don't have reservations yet. Open to advice -- TIA.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:41 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sansh2o
I'm going Tuesday for the Concours on the Avenue
I was hearing that Carmel's Concours Tue was canceled

FYI, it's just scaled back -- their homepage currently says
Originally Posted by CarmelConcours.com

Limited Edition Event Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Open to the public for viewing 12:00 noon - 1:30 PM
I should be there again -- last year's was a charmer.

LOTS of great photos by RJT on the "Monterey '09 photo thread: Laguna, Pebble, Quail, etc."
For starters:
Originally Posted by RJT

Nice talking to you Jager. I'll give you a call tomorrow and maybe we can get together for a drink.

Glockler:

Old 08-07-2010, 03:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by agent325
I'm planning on going to pepple beach for concours d'elegance in August? Any rennlisters planning on going? what are the better days to go? where to stay?
Carlo-- You may want to contact Ted (FlatSix911), he was at last year's Pebble Beach Concours for their Sunday judging, etc.

Check the "Monterey '09 photo thread: Laguna, Pebble, Quail, etc." thread for details & photography he shared.
Originally Posted by FlatSix911
I have been invited to the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on Sunday ... will post photos for all
from the 18th fairway at Pebble Beach ...

A few more photos from the other event at Pebble Beach ...

Not impressed with the new Panamera ... the interior & exterior were both disappointing

Old 08-07-2010, 11:03 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

FYI, it's just scaled back -- their homepage currently says I should be there again -- last year's was a charmer.

That's crazy ~~~ how could they have a Concours open to the public for an hour and a half? How are you going to keep the public out of a public area anyway? Last year it took them HOURS to get all the cars parked and that alone was worth the price of admission (free).
We walked out of our hotel at 8:00am and they were starting to park cars about that time. They were still parking cars at 11:00..... We hung out till about 4:00 and cars were already leaving by then.

The first picture I took of Herb were taken about 9:30 as he was waiting to get to his parking spot.

Nice talking to you Jager ~~~ for over an HOUR! lol
I'm gonna miss being with you all this year...... ESPECIALLY ALF!!!

Old 08-08-2010, 01:27 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have been asked to attend the Judging and Hospitality event again this year ...
Please feel free to email me if you would like to get together on Friday or Saturday evening.

Carlo-- You may want to contact Ted (FlatSix911), he was at last year's Pebble Beach Concours for their Sunday judging, etc.

Check the "Monterey '09 photo thread: Laguna, Pebble, Quail, etc." thread for details & photography he shared.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts
Default Monterey & Facebook Events

So how many Rennlisters also have Facebook accounts? I wonder if multiple Facebook events would be a good way for us all to connect up at the various events while at Monterey?

I'd be willing to create some private events, that would require I send interested Rennlisters an email invite to join the Facebook event(s).

Once you have access to the Facebook event we can all post notes, status, "what we are doing" in near realtime so connection can be made in interested.

Thoughts?
Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2010, 12:17 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by mo

email blasts.
Similar, but prefer RL private messages. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz

Locked in for RL gathering @ Tarpy's on Friday
Kevin-- ^^If that sounds good, how many attending?
Some Pelican Part Forum members have RSVPed for Tarpy's Roadhouse

- Fri all day @ Concorso Italiano OR Legends of the Autobahn (includes Porsche Club this year) ... help me decide
^^ Excerpt from my tentative schedule, posted last week on Hound Dog's "Submit Photos for 2010 Calendar - Information Here!" sticky thread.

Thoughts on which show Speedy should be at Fri? I haven't attended Concorso or Legends before. TIA.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:31 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I have been asked to attend the Judging and Hospitality event again this year ...
Please feel free to email me if you would like to get together on Friday or Saturday evening.
Ted-- Congratulations

Originally Posted by RJT

Nice talking to you Jager ~~~ for over an HOUR! lol
I'm gonna miss being with you all this year...... ESPECIALLY ALF!!!
Jo-- Great catching up w/ you & Robert!

Don't worry, there WILL be new Alf stories
Originally Posted by RJT

That's crazy ~~~ how could they have a Concours open to the public for an hour and a half?
They can't. In fact, Pebble Beach, Laguna, Carmel, etc. just canceled the entire Monterey car week & are re-locating to Prescott, AZ.

All this because that's where this year's coolest 911 -- "RobSled" -- will be Aug 10-15
Originally Posted by RJT

Quick Reply: Who is going to concours d'elegance?