Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4/Spyder/GTS 4.0 Non-PTS database

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 06:26 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts
Default GT4/Spyder/GTS 4.0/25th Anniversary/GT4 RS/000 Spyder Non-PTS database

So I had some free time and what started as curiosity for myself turned into a full spreadsheet of what I could figure out from combing through many threads and posts. I figured at this point I would share it because maybe it can provide some help to people who may still be deciding on their build. Also, I figured it was a nice way for folks to quickly view people's build and cars.

If you want to update the data, please let me know. If I missed your car or build, please let me know. As I mentioned, I combed through many threads and posts but didn't go through all of them and what is on the spreadsheet is either from people actually describing their build or information I gathered from their pictures so if something is wrong or missing, please let me know and I'll update.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Here is the data I'm collecting. Feel free to post your information here and I'll update or send me a PM. I'm a little hesitant to allow editing because I'm worried someone will destroy the data and I've spent a lot of time creating the spreadsheet. I've sorted the data first by color, then by model, and then by name from A to Z order.

1. screen name
2. GT4/Spyder/Cayman or Boxster GTS 4.0/25th Anniversary/GT4 RS/000 Spyder
3. color
4. interior stitching/color
5. roof top color
6. PCCB/standard brakes
7. caliper color
8. wheel color
9. LWBS/18/14/2 way seats
10. 6MT/PDK
11. suspension/con rod recall
12. repair/new engine/walked away/reordered
13. CXX options
14. modifications
15. Porsche build code
16. V status/expected delivery date/date delivered
17. build month
18. social media
19. link to pictures

Update: I've added two new data points for the recalls and what your decision was with the car. I know there is another thread/google spreadsheet on this topic and I don't want to step on their toes on the spreadsheet so this is very basic info whereas the other thread goes in more detail. Please feel free to update me with the recall and your decision.

Update 5/17/21: I'm adding the 25th Anniversary model and (soon to be) GT4 RS model as new datapoint for question #2.

Update 7/23/21: I added the 000 Spyder model as another datapoint for question #2.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 11-19-2021 at 01:40 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
Dyim (08-30-2020), Magnetic K (07-24-2021), MITCourse15 (06-19-2021), Slightly_Focused (09-01-2020), wizee (08-31-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 11:13 AM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 184 Posts

Great idea.
Why not just post all the data here, so we all see it, as opposed to a google doc?
Old 08-30-2020, 01:36 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TYPE911
Great idea.
Why not just post all the data here, so we all see it, as opposed to a google doc?
Can you elaborate on how I would do that? I don't know how and in what format.

Also, I don't follow when you say for "all to see it." If you click on the link, you should be able to see the share drive with all of the data and I believe you should be able to sort it. You just can't edit the data.
Old 08-30-2020, 01:54 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPE911
Great idea.
I think being in a google doc is more organized and clean. There will be a lot of chit chat (as there should be) in this post.
The following 2 users liked this post by skafia:
9872SpeedYellowCS (09-02-2020), MITCourse15 (06-19-2021)
Old 08-30-2020, 02:24 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Neat, this will be helpful for future builds!

One suggestion would be to add an Instagram or other form of social media account name for pictures in addition to the threads on RL; I have a lot more pictures up on mine than on here in case anyone wanted more close ups of my build.

Other consideration is if you want to add a modifications column (could break out into three: exterior, interior and mechanical or something like that) so if anyone is looking at buying a specific item for their car, they can check the directory to see who to ask for an opinion or search for on RL posts. Feel like this will be topical for the exhaust.

Some more details on my GT4 missing from the spreadsheet that you can add: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PL337XU4

If you're going to add a social media column: https://www.instagram.com/illusive.gt4/
Old 08-30-2020, 04:33 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Illusive991
Neat, this will be helpful for future builds!

One suggestion would be to add an Instagram or other form of social media account name for pictures in addition to the threads on RL; I have a lot more pictures up on mine than on here in case anyone wanted more close ups of my build.

Other consideration is if you want to add a modifications column (could break out into three: exterior, interior and mechanical or something like that) so if anyone is looking at buying a specific item for their car, they can check the directory to see who to ask for an opinion or search for on RL posts. Feel like this will be topical for the exhaust.

Some more details on my GT4 missing from the spreadsheet that you can add: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PL337XU4

If you're going to add a social media column: https://www.instagram.com/illusive.gt4/
Good suggestions. I've made the updates and added your info as well.

Update: I originally created external mod and internal mod but I'm already finding that it's a little bit of more work than I'd like to try and decipher people's builds and separate out their external mods vs internal mods so I'm just creating a generic mod column with a link. If more people do mods and it begs to be separated out, I can do it later but for now, let's just start with one mod column and see how it goes.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 08-30-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:59 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 756 Likes on 370 Posts

+1 Good idea! Maybe add MY?
Mine is a ‘21
Also missing is that it’s a Spyder (but how would you know 😝 )
Standard brakes, Red calipers an a 6MT
Current status is V250, with November delivery (hopefully)
Build code is PMF9XVC0

Thanks for your efforts here, nice work. 👍

~Speedy
Old 08-30-2020, 05:14 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
+1 Good idea! Maybe add MY?
Mine is a ‘21
Also missing is that it’s a Spyder (but how would you know 😝 )
Standard brakes, Red calipers an a 6MT
Current status is V250, with November delivery (hopefully)
Build code is PMF9XVC0

Thanks for your efforts here, nice work. 👍

~Speedy
Updated with your information. I figured your car was a Spyder but didn't want to assume as I thought maybe your screen name could be because you just love SpiderMan. I tried to input the data based on people's specific delivery pictures or while reading their threads and their comments here and there about their specific builds. If I wasn't sure, I just left it blank and figured people would just ask me to update which I'm happy to do.

Some of the entries are almost entirely blank as this is just data/build specs that I'm extrapolating from people's random comments about their builds in response to posts and such. Of course there will be some that are not very active and they leave a comment and are done so I just put what I can figure out.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:01 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 314 Posts

Good idea. My name is in the spreadsheet but no data yet:

2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
Guards Red
Natural Leather Espresso/Cognac
Standard Brakes
Red Calipers
Silver Wheels
2 way seats
6MT
PMF3QZJ6
December 2020 Delivery
Old 08-30-2020, 08:13 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Mine is incorrect. Should be

GT4
GT Silver
Platinum Wheels
LWBS
PCCBs
Leather interior with silver stitching
PDLS+
Old 08-30-2020, 08:33 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OttawaSteve
Good idea. My name is in the spreadsheet but no data yet:

2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
Guards Red
Natural Leather Espresso/Cognac
Standard Brakes
Red Calipers
Silver Wheels
2 way seats
6MT
PMF3QZJ6
December 2020 Delivery
Updated. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:34 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Mine is incorrect. Should be

GT4
GT Silver
Platinum Wheels
LWBS
PCCBs
Leather interior with silver stitching
PDLS+
Updated. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:21 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

You are dedicated. I’m pretty sure my wife thinks I’m nuts for surfing this site as much as I do. If I broke out the computer and started building spreadsheets she might actually stage an intervention.

Any who, how difficult will it be to pull some statistics out of your database? Would be interesting to see actual stats on colors, brakes, seats. The polls are fun but not fact.
The following 2 users liked this post by rooster17:
DFW01TT (08-31-2020), jeanrabelais (01-23-2021)
Old 08-30-2020, 09:33 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rooster17
You are dedicated. I’m pretty sure my wife thinks I’m nuts for surfing this site as much as I do. If I broke out the computer and started building spreadsheets she might actually stage an intervention.

Any who, how difficult will it be to pull some statistics out of your database? Would be interesting to see actual stats on colors, brakes, seats. The polls are fun but not fact.
When I started making the spreadsheet really for my own info, I actually found it interesting to put it on a spreadsheet to see a visual representation of people's build breakdown. It took some time but I actually enjoyed it. I'm not sure I know how to build graphs with the various stats based on the spreadsheet and I don't know that I necessarily want to mess with that. This was just an easy exercise for me to do since I had some free time this weekend.

We'll see. Maybe in a month or so, I'll change my mind.
The following 2 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
jeanrabelais (01-23-2021), rooster17 (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 09:41 PM
OttawaSteve
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
When I started making the spreadsheet really for my own info, I actually found it interesting to put it on a spreadsheet to see a visual representation of people's build breakdown. It took some time but I actually enjoyed it. I'm not sure I know how to build graphs with the various stats based on the spreadsheet and I don't know that I necessarily want to mess with that. This was just an easy exercise for me to do since I had some free time this weekend.

We'll see. Maybe in a month or so, I'll change my mind.
you may have awoken the beast. Enjoy your new job!
The following users liked this post:
TYPE911 (08-30-2020)

Quick Reply: GT4/Spyder/GTS 4.0 Non-PTS database