Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Boxster GTS 4.0 color combos

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 04:04 PM
markoware
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
I just realized that the red top was what made "the arc" stand out. Most color combos come with a black top which blends in with the hoops and messes up the black arc. You need a non-black top to make the black intake+hoop arc stand out.
Good call. Also I forget how much I like black. That black/red looks awesome. Although the thing I dislike about my current jet black metallic is that if I breath on it wrong I have to paint correct it.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:07 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Probably the best time to decide on your favorite color combo is when you switch off all reason and let the heart/gut decide, i.e. after 2-3 glasses of wine. In vino veritas. This is my result:

Gentian, black, red:

We'll see about that tomorrow, lol...

Old 09-03-2020, 08:39 PM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by hf1
Probably the best time to decide on your favorite color combo is when you switch off all reason and let the heart/gut decide, i.e. after 2-3 glasses of wine. In vino veritas. This is my result:

Gentian, black, red:.
That looks good. You made me try red top with my gentian/black/bordeaux build but I didn't like it. I had experimented with gauge and seat belt colors, too, but ended up with black on everything including calipers. I feel good about it.

I wish I could afford several cars and a place to put them.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:52 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wizee
...and bucket seats to make it less soft.
After reading all these comments about how soft and compliant the 718 GT4 and Spyder felt, I figured I must go with the LWBS on the GTS 4.0 otherwise it'd feel like a Cadillac with the sofas, lol...
Old 09-03-2020, 08:57 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by markoware
That looks good. You made me try red top with my gentian/black/bordeaux build but I didn't like it. I had experimented with gauge and seat belt colors, too, but ended up with black on everything including calipers. I feel good about it.

I wish I could afford several cars and a place to put them.
There's something that draws me to that red top and that Gentian, black, red combo looks deep, rich, noble, royal... With Gentian changing hues under different sun angles and lighting I feel it will look stunning.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:52 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 80 Posts

[QUOTEI figured I must go with the LWBS on the GTS 4.0 otherwise it'd feel like a Cadillac with the sofas, lol...[/QUOTE]

That is decidedly an unfair comparison of the Porsche standard sport seats...
Old 09-04-2020, 01:00 AM
markoware
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nacelle
I was just sitting at my desk thinking I needed this until I remembered the price. Although that isn't unreasonable for an actual seat. My wife also just said the cat would need to be declawed and I can't do that to my little baby:
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/WAP0500080E.html

Last edited by markoware; 09-04-2020 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:12 AM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 403 Likes on 186 Posts

If you are into needing a cool seat there is an F-104G Martin Baker ejection seat for sale on E-bay for about the same price....parachute included.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:55 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nacelle
I figured I must go with the LWBS on the GTS 4.0 otherwise it'd feel like a Cadillac with the sofas, lol...
I agree, I have the 2-way sport plus seats in my current Boxster and I love them, but you missed the context of my hyperbole. I am concerned that the GT4/Spyder may be too soft and compliant, and the GTS would be even more so. If true, this would alleviate any fears that the LWBS may be too stiff/harsh for my backroads. Basically if the cars are soft already, the extra softness from the 2-ways may not be needed even for imperfect back-roads, while the extra grip and support from the LWBS would be welcome. I've sat in the LWBS and they felt as if they were custom built for my body. The more elaborate ingress/egress doesn't bother me as I intend to maintain my upper body strength at decent levels anyway.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:39 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by patdonahue
I am debating which of these 2 to lock down. Both have silver wheels, 10mm option on the lowed suspension and deleted Race-Tex headliners so the interior leather color will be matched by the headliners.. Graphite Blue for the GB and Agate Gray for the AG. I will lock down the Gentian Blue unless the Aventurine Green sways me before the final freeze date.
I know it is not a Boxster but the colors thread will be interesting for both models as to what folks are looking at, I think. If this is not O.K. with hf1 I'll delete it.....

I find I get tired of colored interiors sometimes. I think black with red stitching for either ext. color would be my choice. I know its common but its for a good reason.

Good luck with your spec
Old 09-04-2020, 09:43 PM
Puggz
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Yes the "murder black" with accents is just gorgeous. A classic that never gets old:

Much better but you still have time . I would go red/blk wheels and roof, blk/red interior... Oh yea, I already have!
Old 09-04-2020, 10:20 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Puggz
Much better but you still have time . I would go red/blk wheels and roof, blk/red interior... Oh yea, I already have!
You may be right. That combo has been near the top for me, as well.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:38 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 403 Likes on 186 Posts

I find I get tired of colored interiors sometimes. I think black with red stitching for either ext. color would be my choice. I know its common but its for a good reason.

Good luck with your spec

I think a black interior as you described would look good. I was leaning toward black but had that interior color on my 944s, I decided to shy away from black this time as the deep south summers are hot enough w/o a black interior .I am still leaning toward G/B with the G/B leather. I like the A/G but have not been able to see a Porsche of any type with the color with my own eyes, Still a rare color down here, in fact the spread sheet on incoming GTS 4.0s that has been posted by "halfmonkey" does not show one A/G GTS, I have a few days to lock down the build with a bit of cushion. I wish the configurator did a bit better of a job showing the colors as they really are but these modern metallic with the "flop" would make that difficult I guess. IMO the Agate Gray interior leather color on the configurator looks a lot browner than the actual leather sample to my eyes.

Last edited by patdonahue; 09-04-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Al_Ra
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by patdonahue

Good luck with your spec

I think a black interior as you described would look good. I was leaning toward black but had that interior color on my 944s, I decided to shy away from black this time as the deep south summers are hot enough w/o a black interior .I am still leaning toward G/B with the G/B leather. I like the A/G but have not been able to see a Porsche of any type with the color with my own eyes, Still a rare color down here, in fact the spread sheet on incoming GTS 4.0s that has been posted by "halfmonkey" does not show one A/G GTS, I have a few days to lock down the build with a bit of cushion. I wish the configurator did a bit better of a job showing the colors as they really are but these modern metallic with the "flop" would make that difficult I guess. IMO the Agate Gray interior leather color on the configurator looks a lot browner than the actual leather sample to my eyes.
My CGTS 4.0 is A/G. It's a very light-dependent colour - sometimes very close to Agate but at other times very very green. I love it.

The following users liked this post:
Tacoma290 (04-01-2021)
Old 09-06-2020, 11:04 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

A/G could mean Agate Grey or Aventurine Green.
The following users liked this post:
squid42 (09-07-2020)

Quick Reply: Boxster GTS 4.0 color combos