Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Cayman GTS 4.0 First Drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 10:50 AM
Garagemahal
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 43 Posts

Yahsureyoubetchya
Old 04-06-2021, 12:38 PM
bradStyle
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Garagemahal
Hey bradstyle, Could we get a shot of the rear of your car? I would like to look at the badge removal. BTW I have a very close spec CGTS coming. I love this silver color. I did go with a black/tan leather interior. My car is coming with all the badges - my plan was to remove them myself once I received the vehicle. But looking at yours its a very nice decluttered look that accentuates the near perfect lines of the car. Just curious what the rear look like all cleaned up. Thanks
Here you go.

The following users liked this post:
triode (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 01:42 PM
Garagemahal
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks - I really appreciate the extra pics. I am really excited to receive my car now. This certainly cements my choice of color. I really like the way you clean things up. However, I may remove the “718 Cayman GTS” label on the back and go back with “718 GTS” in black and remove the side door labels. A bit less tint than yours will likely go on too. Love it nice looking car
bradStyle (04-06-2021)
Old 05-12-2021, 05:59 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks like you picked up the car at PEC LA and then immediately had the PPF etc done before you drove home, correct? I am considering that exact approach. How much time did that add to your trip? How long did they take on the PPF and tint etc?

And as a fellow Cascadian, is the PPF they installed performing as expected?
Old 05-12-2021, 06:25 PM
bradStyle
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by JBSea
Looks like you picked up the car at PEC LA and then immediately had the PPF etc done before you drove home, correct? I am considering that exact approach. How much time did that add to your trip? How long did they take on the PPF and tint etc? And as a fellow Cascadian, is the PPF they installed performing as expected?
The PPF at Glistening Perfection took a while. If you go with them you'll probably plan for them to have the car more than a week. Bottom line, if you go this route it's two trips. But Moe and his guys did such a great job, I consider it more than worth it. They even handled the transport of the car from PEC LA to the shop. My fiancée and I flew in the night before, got into PEC LA early the appointment morning, both did drives, did the grand unveiling of the new car, had lunch at the café (fantastic), and waved goodbye as the new car left for GP.

With Hwy 1 closed I can tell you I found some excellent alternatives on the drive through Central CA up to the Bay Area. I took about a week to do the drive so I could stop and see friends all along the route. The PPF is great and it's certainly doing its job.
JBSea (05-14-2021)

Quick Reply: Cayman GTS 4.0 First Drive