Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Critique my build spec (CGTS 4.0)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 10:59 AM
NEUN_ELF
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone! More great information and advice. Very helpful for where I am in the process.

Totally agree on the chalk looking edgier, and I think it goes well with the matte finish of the GTS front bumper detail/other black bits on the car. But I really do love the classier look of the green. Choices choices…

As for the fire extinguisher recommendation, I totally agree that they look awesome and are short money. I just wonder if they fit the ethos of a GTS with leather seats. In a GT4 with carbon buckets, clearly a great fit. Just wonder if it works with a GTS without buckets.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:45 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by NEUN_ELF
As for the fire extinguisher recommendation, I totally agree that they look awesome and are short money. I just wonder if they fit the ethos of a GTS with leather seats. In a GT4 with carbon buckets, clearly a great fit. Just wonder if it works with a GTS without buckets.
FE works in any Porsche. Period.

Factory FE is cost effective if you plan on doing a DE with a region that requires one.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:49 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,000 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Thanks everyone! More great information and advice. Very helpful for where I am in the process.

Totally agree on the chalk looking edgier, and I think it goes well with the matte finish of the GTS front bumper detail/other black bits on the car. But I really do love the classier look of the green. Choices choices…

It definitely works. It was an option in the 997 GT3 with standard seats and looked great in there too.
Old 05-19-2024, 03:36 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 153 Posts

I love green so I'm biased, but I like as another poster said having a color you couldn't get on a GT4. It's classy and understated for the GTS. As for the fire extinguisher I think that would look real stupid in a GTS. We're talking about a car with leather and hopefully ventilated seats as you said.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
Johnauto
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Are allocations ending soon for the Cayman GTS 4.0? Don’t want the Cayman EV.
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
bantam1
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnauto
No one knows the answer to this yet, you should act fast if you want to get one
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,141 Likes on 632 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnauto
rumor has it that 2025 will either be the last year or the second to last year. However with allocations barely trickling in i'd say if you want a new one jump on waitlists now rather than wait. Even if you arent in a position to buy one i recommend getting on some waitlists. Chances are it will be a few months before you snag the allocation and then you have to wait 4-6 months for delivery anyways which gives you almost a year to get finances in order.

Quick Reply: Critique my build spec (CGTS 4.0)