Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary (https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-4-0-gt4-gt4rs-spyder-25th-anniversary-255/)
-   -   718 GT4 RS & Spyder RS For Sale (inc auction) Thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-4-0-gt4-gt4rs-spyder-25th-anniversary/1341561-718-gt4-rs-and-spyder-rs-for-sale-inc-auction-thread.html)

gesmith55 01-18-2023 09:35 AM

718 GT4 RS & Spyder RS For Sale (inc auction) Thread

First one I’ve seen for auction. Gonna be interesting.

GT4RS on BaT

JCN83 01-18-2023 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by gesmith55 (Post 18578356)
First one I’ve seen for auction. Gonna be interesting.

GT4RS on BaT

Already at MSRP:)

ttcbj 01-18-2023 10:03 AM

Was just about to post this. Love the public price discovery aspect of BaT.

RapidGT 01-18-2023 10:42 AM

I know the listing says private party, but wonder if the Porsche dealer (Porsche Lehigh Valley) that took in this car is conducting the auction. Some Porsche dealers have done auctions on BaT and have listed as being a private party. If it is not Porsche Lehigh Valley and is indeed a private individual then they will likely get blacklisted by the dealer because of this very public flip.

shawfm 01-18-2023 11:14 AM

I like the color, but I'm really glad I didn't order the WP. I don't like the CF

aclicky 01-18-2023 11:36 AM

+1 for where this ends up at the end of the auction :corn:

cooler2442 01-18-2023 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by RapidGT (Post 18578466)
I know the listing says private party, but wonder if the Porsche dealer (Porsche Lehigh Valley) that took in this car is conducting the auction. Some Porsche dealers have done auctions on BaT and have listed as being a private party. If it is not Porsche Lehigh Valley and is indeed a private individual then they will likely get blacklisted by the dealer because of this very public flip.

Most likely Porsche will see this auction and then call the dealer to discuss it(if we make enough of a big deal about it and it gets lots of press with it being the first one). Dealer's GM will then call the original owner and tell him he is going to get blacklisted for flipping it unless of course this is a close friend of the dealer. But 918 VIP's have been removed from the program for flipping their GT cars in less than a year since they are not supposed to sell them if they take delivery(they can reject delivery and leave it at the dealer so then it goes back to PCNA).

Dr.Bill 01-18-2023 01:25 PM

Depending on where this ends up, it likely won't be the last. . .

0-Day 01-18-2023 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by RapidGT (Post 18578466)

I would like to see some confirmation of this. But your theory is a viable one. Porsche Lehigh Valley has done stuff like this before. They directly listed a new* Porsche GT4 on ebay motors in 2020. IIRC, it closed just under MSRP at that time.

Porsche Lehigh Valley is a very small volume Porsche dealer. As a result, they don't get many GT car allocations. It's possible that this may be the only GT4 RS allocation they ever got...

Edit: * The ebay sale I saw Lehigh Valley post in 2020 I believe was actually listed as "used." But like this GT4 RS, it was a brand new delivery miles car.

Mr. Adair 01-18-2023 01:52 PM

If this is a 100% a private sale Porsche won’t say a thing to the dealer. They can’t. The dealer could threaten the buyer on future purchases but why would they? Personally, I have zero issue. Let’s hope it hits 300k. Then I can brag about this being the next 7.2RS in terms of long term value.

Bahnbrenner 01-18-2023 02:16 PM

While its technically true that Porsche has no authority over the owner's decision to sell this car, it is *not* true that they have no influence. Porsche can (and, in my view, should) make every effort to limit flipping. Why? The same reasons why Rolex and Ferrari do. It erodes brand value (its an ugly spectacle), denies true enthusiasts the opportunity to own and enjoy the product, and makes customers unhappy (case in point: Chris Harris' instagram video this morning).

This isn't about free market capitalism - Its about taking care of your most loyal customers and being polite.

Mr. Adair 01-18-2023 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bahnbrenner (Post 18578981)
While its technically true that Porsche has no authority over the owner's decision to sell this car, it is *not* true that they have no influence. Porsche can (and, in my view, should) make every effort to limit flipping. Why? The same reasons why Rolex and Ferrari do. It erodes brand value (its an ugly spectacle), denies true enthusiasts the opportunity to own and enjoy the product, and makes customers unhappy (case in point: Chris Harris' instagram video this morning).

This isn't about free market capitalism - Its about taking care of your most loyal customers and being polite.

100% agree. I deal with this daily (UMAP and MAP products) and 99% of the manufacturers want nothing to do with trying to enforce this issue because of US price fixing laws. That said, I'd love to see something happen, but whats the difference between 25 delivery miles and 9,000 miles? Nothing. Have you seen the Rolex secondary market? I don't see any dealers being penalized for the 35K stainless Daytona's that come from them? Lastly, allocation problems with Porsche is a different (and I agree with you) issue than this. This is still a private party sale on BaT no matter how you slice it.

TDT 01-18-2023 03:13 PM

One netted best part of 90k over list for the seller on Collecting Cars in the UK 2 weeks ago.
150 mls. Gentian Blue WP, no mags, no LED PDLS or PCCB.

PaulE 01-18-2023 04:36 PM

Beautiful car, above my pay grade and talent level. Will be interesting to see if the reserve is met and what it goes for.

Underblu 01-18-2023 05:29 PM

Perhaps the supply of the RS will be so low that demand will consistently out strip it but some of these excessive premiums makes me think of musical chairs. At some point the music usually stops.

The upshot is that whomever owns the GT4RS has got a heckuva Porsche regardless of price. Still I sense this fearless paying of premium stems from the belief that someone somewhere will pay even more.