Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PDLS+ Availability Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 05:01 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts
Default No PDLS+ in GT4RS for MY 23

My dealer just told me that they received an official notice from PAG, effective as of today, that there will be no PDLS+ in the GT4RS for the entire model year 23. Apparently, other 718s are not affected. Not a practical problem, but very much an aesthetic one. The four LED "dots" look so much my better than the single round ball. But a no a big enough problem for me to delay my September build until MY 24
Old 08-04-2022, 05:03 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 875 Likes on 351 Posts

All 718s are affected.

Originally Posted by ragerard
My dealer just told me that they received an official notice from PAG, effective as of today, that there will be no PDLS+ in the GT4RS for the entire model year 23. Apparently, other 718s are not affected. Not a practical problem, but very much an aesthetic one. The four LED "dots" look so much my better than the single round ball. But a no a big enough problem for me to delay my September build until MY 24
Old 08-04-2022, 05:06 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,003 Likes on 511 Posts

The following 4 users liked this post by RoadrunnerGTS:
Dan Nagy (08-10-2022), mc3456 (09-03-2022), Toon902 (08-05-2022), TripleL (08-05-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 05:07 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry. I checked with my dealer and you're right. He wasn't sure whether it was for the entire model year for other 718s.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:34 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,920 Posts

I was talking to my dealer about an upcoming model and he confirmed

NO PDLS+ for any MY23 718 model “for now”

Old 08-04-2022, 05:37 PM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 78 Posts

From what I have been told Bose has not been removed from Spyder builds but is no longer an available option on 718 base, T or S.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:42 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,003 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay9722
From what I have been told Bose has not been removed from Spyder builds but is no longer an available option on 718 base, T or S.
That's no loss. The Bose is terrible, not that I ever really use sound system, but was a waste of $ to tick the Bose option. I hate to hear the standard system if the Bose is considered an 'upgrade'
Old 08-04-2022, 05:49 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
Wow! That is shocking. Thanks for sharing. I am 44 days out from my lock, and based on your comment, I will contact my SA now and make some minor changes.... These are crazy times.
It's all good. I got it without ADM and a regular history with the dealer, so I'm just fine. I can't see the headlights from inside anyways.
We should be glad they didn't call it part of a light package and charged extra.
I would be upset if the manual or buckets were out, but even then I wouldn't pass on it.
The following users liked this post:
Notown (01-30-2023)
Old 08-04-2022, 06:10 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
It's all good. I got it without ADM and a regular history with the dealer, so I'm just fine. I can't see the headlights from inside anyways.
We should be glad they didn't call it part of a light package and charged extra.
I would be upset if the manual or buckets were out, but even then I wouldn't pass on it.
Especially if you got away without ADM (God blessed you), then I totally see your point. For me and a few others, we are mostly complaining. These are fantastic cars.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:15 PM
Adrift
Race Car

Received 2,349 Likes on 1,198 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
I was talking to my dealer about an upcoming model ...
Spyder RS? Eh? Eh? Fess up.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:45 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 85 Posts

Just got back from my local dealer and did some headlight homework for all that are effected. No headlight washer system = base lights, Miami blue one and red has PDLS, and of course the LED on the Shark blue.

I am going with base lights for a couple of reasons.
1. I do not drive alot at night
2. for me the PDLS has this chrome squiggly plastic piece and since the main beam is black your eye gets draw to it in real life so I prefer he main beam to be chrome, and the frog eyes do not look that bad. If you have a metallic or silver car it seems that piece doesn't stand out that much but on a matte blue like shark blue or Miami it stands out to me in real life.

tIt is really close and I spent an hour staring at headlights so YMMV.

My TYD is down, but once it comes back up if they default to the base lights I am also assuming that my body colored headlight washer nub will be removed as well.

https://imgur.com/a/9swpn7e

Last edited by jamesrg; 08-04-2022 at 06:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jamesrg:
aclicky (08-04-2022), Jlp429 (08-04-2022)
Old 08-04-2022, 06:48 PM
aclicky
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesrg
Just got back from my local dealer and did some headlight homework for all that are effected. No headlight washer system = base lights, Miami blue one and red has PDLS, and of course the LED on the Shark blue.

2. for me the PDLS has this chrome squiggly plastic piece and since the main beam is black your eye gets draw to it in real life so I prefer he main beam to be chrome, and the frog eyes do not look that bad. If you have a metallic or silver car it seems that piece doesn't stand out that much but on a matte blue like shark blue or Miami it stands out to me in real life.

so you had the option to change from base to PDLS?
Old 08-04-2022, 06:58 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 85 Posts

Not sure, I didnt get to speak to my SA and my TYD is down, so I am just assuming I getting the base which is what I want after looking at them in person. Based on pics I wanted the PDLS but then in real life I like the base lights better, I rarely drive at night unless we get caught out on a long road trip but all my spirited driving is done during the day to avoid night time animals and maximize sight distance, so turning lights isn't something I am too concerned about. They will be alot better than the lights in my 87 911
Old 08-04-2022, 07:05 PM
Prime
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 96 Posts

Is it ironic that my Australian market justified an A$15,000 ($10kUS) price rise from 22 - 23 by making PDLS+ and Bose standard equipment?

My expertise is supply chain and semiconductors and I could almost guarantee you this is not because 718 is coming to the end of production, they will likely become available again before it wraps up.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:08 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesrg

My TYD is down, but once it comes back up if they default to the base lights I am also assuming that my body colored headlight washer nub will be removed as well.

Thank you so much for the pictures. That is a great help.

It appears to me that the "base" lights are actually darker and have less chrome than the PDLS lights. The configuration didn't really reflect that. Is my statement accurate or am I being fooled by the pics? I have a 23 GT4 In shark blue with black wheels incoming, so id like to have as dark of a headlight/housing as possible with minimal chrome.

thanks again!
The following users liked this post:
Jlp429 (08-04-2022)

Quick Reply: PDLS+ Availability Discussion