Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4 RS Configurator

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 10:48 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by josephr25
From the media package:

"The optional Weissach Package enhances the performance-focused appearance of the GT4 RS even further. When this option is selected, the front luggage compartment lid, process air intakes, cooling air intakes, air box lid, exterior mirrors caps and the rear wing are made of carbon fiber. Exhaust tips made of titanium are inspired by the exhaust of the Porsche 935/19. The upper part of the dashboard is upholstered in Race-Tex with this option, while the rear window features a large Porsche logo type. Magnesium wheels are available as an addition to the Weissach Package for an additional cost."

Thank you. This is what I was looking for, but it seems to contradict the general consensus that the Weissach package is just cosmetic (i.e., just exposing the existing carbon fiber).

Luggage compartment lid, process air intakes, cooling air intakes, air box lid, exterior mirrors caps and the rear wing in carbon is probably more than 10k if you try to buy it after the fact. And it is actually changing the material, not just the finish.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:57 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,907 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
Thank you. This is what I was looking for, but it seems to contradict the general consensus that the Weissach package is just cosmetic (i.e., just exposing the existing carbon fiber).

Luggage compartment lid, process air intakes, cooling air intakes, air box lid, exterior mirrors caps and the rear wing in carbon is probably more than 10k if you try to buy it after the fact. And it is actually changing the material, not just the finish.
The WP is a cosmetic upgrade.

All the parts in the non WP car are painted carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP). There is no weight savings.

However with that being said it’s quite expensive to produce quality exposed carbon fiber.

Check out the Technical Specifications in the configurator for exact panel info.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:59 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

The scoop on the air intake duct is supposed to have a ram air effect and enhance the cabin sound as well. Not sure about those for 15k
Old 11-23-2021, 10:10 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 1,006 Likes on 672 Posts

I just looked through this whole thread and didn't see the answer or a 50 page brochure.

Let me put this another way: Could someone supply a link or source for what the differences are between Weissach and non-Weissach GT4RSs? Or, could someone answer whether the non-Weissach cars are to have carbon fiber hoods, wings, and mirrors?
I have not seen it in print, but in the video I saw Porsche says that the hood is CF on both trim levels, it's just unpainted/exposed in the Weissach.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:49 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

German version

Old 11-23-2021, 10:58 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,903 Likes on 942 Posts

Check out the Standard Features under the configurator:

Last edited by Ksdaoski; 11-23-2021 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:22 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
The WP is a cosmetic upgrade.

All the parts in the non WP car are painted carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP). There is no weight savings.
But isnt the roll cage in the WP made of titanium vs steel?
Old 11-23-2021, 02:28 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
But isnt the roll cage in the WP made of titanium vs steel?
You can have WP with either. The TI is not expandable and is not FIA approved.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:14 PM
998R
Instructor

Received 321 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Just to clarify, at least here in Australia, you can have the WP with or without the Ti Roll Cage.

You can have the WP Package without the Ti Roll Cage and add the $0 Club Sport Package which adds a steel roll cage.

Cheers,
Harry.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:12 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by josephr25
The scoop on the air intake duct is supposed to have a ram air effect and enhance the cabin sound as well. Not sure about those for 15k
Porsche markets WP as the more extreme kit, but yet, the clubsport uses none of it's bits, including no intake scoop, neither is it CF, just black plastic like the vanilla car.

Old 11-23-2021, 08:45 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sunnyr
Porsche markets WP as the more extreme kit, but yet, the clubsport uses none of it's bits, including no intake scoop, neither is it CF, just black plastic like the vanilla car.
Costwise the CS is already $75+k above the RS; plus spares, etc. They will get you on the engine with a 100 hr rebuilt. Wondering what the engine differences are for that requirement.
Old 02-22-2023, 01:06 PM
kw23
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ExMB
Very late to the party but ExMB could you explain the expandable part? Does that mean you could expand it to a full cage? I'm specing it in my home country and with titanium roll cage it's about $5500 usd more than the steel one but I guess with WP it's better to have it. I do love the painted hood of the non-WP cars, no PTS avialble so probably have to get a vinyl strip
Old 02-22-2023, 06:06 PM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,111 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by kw23
Very late to the party but ExMB could you explain the expandable part? Does that mean you could expand it to a full cage? I'm specing it in my home country and with titanium roll cage it's about $5500 usd more than the steel one but I guess with WP it's better to have it. I do love the painted hood of the non-WP cars, no PTS avialble so probably have to get a vinyl strip
You can buy the front half of the roll cage from Porsche Motorsport that bolts in and converts the steel half cage into a full 6 point FIA approved cage. The Titanium one is a half cage only and can't be upgraded to a full cage, it doesn't have the connecting fixtures that allow you to bolt in the front half.

Last edited by Reedy; 02-22-2023 at 06:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kw23 (02-22-2023)
Old 02-22-2023, 06:13 PM
kw23
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reedy
You can buy the front half of the roll cage from Porsche Motorsport that bolts in and converts the steel half cage into a full 6 point FIA approved cage. The Titanium one is a half cage only and can't be upgraded to a full cage, it doesn't have the connecting fixtures that allow you to bolt in the front half.
Thanks Reedy, great info.
Old 02-24-2023, 12:27 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by kw23
Thanks Reedy, great info.
From Virginia?

Well those roll cage info won't applies to your car. You gonna have an American spec car which means no reinforcement on the chassis for roll cage. Even if you can fit a cage into your car, the cage will just punch right through the steel chassis in an incident and not protect you.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4 RS Configurator