Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 08:54 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

So what's the next ride to RI?
Old 08-07-2022, 12:00 AM
CatVaux
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by unclemat
So what's the next ride to RI?
Probably San Martin or Lake Wanaka.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:45 AM
Flyerno1
7th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Entering the room

Entering the room with V200. Expected built date in mid-November with around Christmas delivery.

The last time I had a Porsche of my own was a 981 GT4. I worked at one of the automotive consumer publications as an automotive analyst for 5 years, so I had the pleasure of buying a few P cars for testing, including the 2017 781 base.

Initially placed an order for BGTS back in November of 21 with night blue when it was the non-PTS color—wanted July Zuffenhausen delivery since I got married last week of June. They had a March production allocation. But couldn’t hold onto the car for the June/July delivery, so promised to be in the following quarter production allocation. Then, all the sh#$ storm happened.

Back in February, when I passed March production allocation, my wife (back then my fiancèe) came to visit Porsche dealerships with me to look at the different colors. Even though i’m #teamblue guy myself, she saw a guards red 718 S on the showroom floor and told me ‘Don’t you want to enjoy sports car with bright color?’ then decided guards red will be the color of BGTS. (Until her current glacier silver XC40, all of her life she had bright red car include VW rabbit, golf, GTI)

My dealer finally got another allocation day before yesterday. But due to PDLS+ removal, the dealer has to put in items of the premium package as an individual option which results in a more expensive MSRP than with premium pkg. So I got V200 status but waiting for Porsche US to give me a definitive answer on how the premium package discount would work.

Dealer doesn’t add ADM but mandatory ‘protection pkg’ for $5k (ceramic coating, full front PPF) and +1 year maintenance plan for $1295, which I know is a bit overcharge, but I will happily take the allocation with it.

With slight fear that 23MY could be the last of 718 GTS, I asked five dealers around new England to be placed on the ‘wait list’ for allocations. In the end, my local dealer who I purchased/sold about dozen P cars came through. When I called all of the salespersons/sales managerst check if any other dealers got the allocation at the same time, all other dealers say ‘take the allocation now since we didn't get any.’

I’m not in a hurry to get BGTS since I don’t think I will drive it until spring, even if I get this car around Christmas. But getting confirmed production order status is definitely a relief for now.

Guards red, black standard interior without race tex. Black top, 6 speed. PASM, power steering plus, front dash cam prep, 2 way Sport plus seat. Ventilated, fire extinguisher. Premium pkg w/bose wo/ PDLS+.

Last edited by Flyerno1; 08-07-2022 at 03:04 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Flyerno1:
balucipher (08-07-2022), PaulE (08-07-2022), rj2014 (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 09:25 AM
CatVaux
Instructor

For everyone waiting on a Davisville delivery, San Martin (finally!) docked in Emden overnight.

Last edited by CatVaux; 08-07-2022 at 11:40 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CatVaux:
IL_Pete (08-07-2022), Johny0299 (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 11:23 AM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by CatVaux
For everyone waiting in a Davisville delivery, San Martin (finally!) docked in Emden overnight.
Awesome news, thanks for sharing!! I have been watching daily since it anchored offshore, but I hadn't checked yet today.

Now hoping and praying that my GT4 makes it on the ship.
The following users liked this post:
CatVaux (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 01:07 PM
MarkG123
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by impex4
Anyone get a delivery from the Sunshine Ace (arrival Davisville 8/2/22) ?

thanks
Eric
yes my car was on Sunshine Ace, delivered to Jacksonville on 8/5.

balucipher (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 10:15 AM
Jtdc
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 17 Posts

Supreme Ace singing a little Stan Rogers

Old 08-08-2022, 01:18 PM
Mecheng244
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

I was holding out hope I made the Siem Confucius to hitch a ride to Jax but my SA just sent a screenshot of PVMS and it still shows my exit of Emden of being 8/19. I just wonder how cars that got to Emden weeks after mines made it on and I didn't. Would think it would be first come first serve..but who knows..the saga continues...

Last edited by Mecheng244; 08-08-2022 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2022, 02:05 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 143 Posts

I’m in the exact same situation, my car got to Emden on 7/27, is still there and will be going to JAX. There must be some kind of logistics algorithm that also considers the needs of all the VW Group dealers but who knows, maybe our cars are just stuck in the back of the lot or are waiting for TPMS sensors or some othe widgets.
Originally Posted by Mecheng244
I was holding out hope I made the Siem Confucius to hitch a ride to Jax but my SA just sent a screenshot of PVMS and it still shows my exit of Emden of being 8/19. I just wonder how cars that got to Emden weeks after mines made it on and I didn't. Would think it would be first come first serve..but who knows..the saga continues...
Old 08-08-2022, 02:12 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulE
I’m in the exact same situation, my car got to Emden on 7/27, is still there and will be going to JAX. There must be some kind of logistics algorithm that also considers the needs of all the VW Group dealers but who knows, maybe our cars are just stuck in the back of the lot or are waiting for TPMS sensors or some othe widgets.
Don't know about the rest of us that made it on Siem Confucius but my car got to Emden on 7/21. You may have just missed the cut.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:27 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,879 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by Mecheng244
I too am going to Jacksonville and I believe that I too got to port on 7/27 but I do not believe I made it on as it has not updated and told me that it has and I'm also showing on ship scheduled for 8/19. Our cars are in the back of the lot keeping each other company.
Mecheng244 (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 03:55 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I too am going to Jacksonville and I believe that I too got to port on 7/27 but I do not believe I made it on as it has not updated and told me that it has and I'm also showing on ship scheduled for 8/19. Our cars are in the back of the lot keeping each other company.
Mine is there, too, although it is headed to RI. I hope it will make it on San Martin that's currently there.
MaddMike (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 04:24 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by unclemat
Mine is there, too, although it is headed to RI. I hope it will make it on San Martin that's currently there.
CatVaux'a last ship schedule showed San Martin going from Davisville RI straight on to Houston. Those of us looking for JAX have to pin our hopes on SFL Conductor, unless the Lake Wanaka, which CatVaux told us is a new addition not on the VW shipping schedule, is going to stop at JAX and we get on that.
CatVaux (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 05:53 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyerno1
Entering the room with V200.
(1) .... couldn’t hold onto the car for the June/July delivery, so promised to be in the following quarter production allocation. Then, all the sh#$ storm happened.
(2) ..... when I passed March production allocation, my wife (back then my fiancèe) came to visit Porsche dealerships with me to look at the different colors. Even though i’m #teamblue guy myself, she saw a guards red 718 S on the showroom floor and told me ‘Don’t you want to enjoy sports car with bright color?’ then decided guards red will be the color of BGTS.
(3) My dealer finally got another allocation day before yesterday. But due to PDLS+ removal, the dealer has to put in items of the premium package as an individual option....
(4) Dealer doesn’t add ADM but mandatory ‘protection pkg’ for $5k (ceramic coating, full front PPF) and +1 year maintenance plan for $1295, which I know is a bit overcharge, but I will happily take the allocation with it.
(5) With slight fear that 23MY could be the last of 718 GTS, I asked five dealers around new England to be placed on the ‘wait list’ for allocations. In the end, my local dealer who I purchased/sold about dozen P cars came through.
(6) I’m not in a hurry to get BGTS since I don’t think I will drive it until spring, even if I get this car around Christmas. But getting confirmed production order status is definitely a relief for now
(1) Few have been lucky enough to pass on an allocation and yet strike gold a 2nd time. Your luck is good.
(2) Your wife no-doubt has good taste. Perhaps she'll go through the "What did you buy for your 718 today" thread with you...
(3) Par for the course, but small potatoes compared to those who had to deal with the conrod affair.
(4) That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. You'll be glad you did the PPF and ceramic.
(5) Glad the local dealer won out. Everybody wins.
(6) Don't worry. PAG has a system for those who are not in a hurry (and those who are). Something will delay your car till delivery later.

Good luck!
CatVaux (08-08-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 08:40 AM
CatVaux
Instructor

For Rannlisters waiting on a ship to San Diego or Benicia, VW posted a new schedule today. If I am reading it correctly it looks like they may be shipping from Bremerhaven or Zeebrugge rather than Emden. Maybe this only affects other models??

cybers3c (08-09-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...