Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 09:42 PM
Todd.Dang3r
Instructor

Received 241 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
So far, my build which started last Wednesday is holding on schedule to finish Friday. Assuming aliens don’t land or something.

Build completes Friday, beat the tar holes Saturday, call it a successful life.
Our cars must be “next to each other” on the line. 🤣. Since they started production early I’m wondering if we see build complete as early as tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:08 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,667 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd.Dang3r
Our cars must be “next to each other” on the line. 🤣. Since they started production early I’m wondering if we see build complete as early as tomorrow.
I wondered that, too, but CP8.0 on TYD hasn't budged. Which we know means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! lol Maybe they need a few extra days to verify the builds due to the new suppliers. As long as I / we make the April 8 boat headed to Houston!!! Others reporting shipping delays makes me wonder. But you would think that would be reflected in the expected shipping date, if they were going to slip.

Who knows.

Last edited by Adrift; 03-29-2022 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:49 PM
Todd.Dang3r
Instructor

Received 241 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
I wondered that, too, but CP8.0 on TYD hasn't budged. Which we know means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! lol Maybe they need a few extra days to verify the builds due to the new suppliers. As long as I / we make the April 8 boat headed to Houston!!! Others reporting shipping delays makes me wonder. But you would think that would be reflected in the expected shipping date, if they were going to slip.

Who knows.
Yours is going to make it home before mine is, so I’ll have to live vicariously through you for a couple weeks . Mine is going through the Panama Canal and Benicia, CA. Currently estimated to arrive at the dealer in WA on 6/10.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:06 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,667 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd.Dang3r
Yours is going to make it home before mine is, so I’ll have to live vicariously through you for a couple weeks . Mine is going through the Panama Canal and Benicia, CA. Currently estimated to arrive at the dealer in WA on 6/10.
Yeah, but your driving roads will be infinitely better and more scenic. I need to plan a long road trip up that way.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:23 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,100 Posts

So… what’s deal if the car is on the ground, the P&S is signed, but the plates, and prep are a couple days out? Are we still in the waiting room?

See the corner of the Frozen Berry Metallic Boxster? It has a bordeaux red interior. I asked our SA about it; a $15k deposit was required.

The following users liked this post:
Adrift (03-30-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 11:58 PM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 100 Posts

SA updated me a the VIN today. I'm patiently waiting for the production line pictures. TYD is still stuck on the first phase. I think the photos come on the phase part of the app. Can't wait to see the color on the 718 body. It will be the first one that I know of in the color.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:19 AM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Stroby
SA updated me a the VIN today. I'm patiently waiting for the production line pictures. TYD is still stuck on the first phase. I think the photos come on the phase part of the app. Can't wait to see the color on the 718 body. It will be the first one that I know of in the color.

I'm late to the party. What color are we talking about?

And my TYD just updated today and pushed my delivery date back from May 13 to May 27. Even though I'm sitting at the port in Emden and have been for a week, a vessel heading my direction is there right now (Grand Legacy) and another is expected in the next few days (Glovis Champion). Dammit.

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 03-30-2022 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:35 AM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I'm late to the party. What color are we talking about?

And my TYD just updated today and pushed my delivery date back from May 13 to May 27. Even though I'm sitting at the port in Emden, a vessel is there right now (Grand Legacy) and another is expected in the next few days (Glovis Champion). Dammit.
Looks like we'll be on the same boat then. My delivery date is 5/27 in Vegas which was originally 5/13 up until about 2 weeks ago when it changed. My car's color is Black Olive. There is a NATO Olive in the PTS color thread which is really close but they are two different color codes. As far as I can tell from internet photos NATO is on the yellow side of the spectrum while Black Olive is on the bluer side.

Here is the color on a 992 GT3

The following 3 users liked this post by Super Stroby:
fman15 (03-30-2022), IRM (03-30-2022), TripleL (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 12:38 AM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Looks like we'll be on the same boat then. My delivery date is 5/27 in Vegas which was originally 5/13 up until about 2 weeks ago when it changed. My car's color is Black Olive. There is a NATO Olive in the PTS color thread which is really close but they are two different color codes. As far as I can tell from internet photos NATO is on the yellow side of the spectrum while Black Olive is on the bluer side.

Oh my God. That color is off the charts killer. What car have you got coming in that beautiful hue?
Old 03-30-2022, 12:40 AM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Oh my God. That color is off the charts killer. What car have you got coming in that beautiful hue?
Old 03-30-2022, 12:49 AM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

@SpyderSenseOC GT4, black calipers, black wheels(small regret not going platinum), buckets and yellow stitching. Even the SA at the dealership says the sales staff is looking forward to seeing it because it's a rare color for someone to go for. Recently a few 992 GT3s have been delivered in the color which surprised me. Planning on tracking the Spyder at all? I may try to do ACS at some point in the future once the its protected and broken in.

Last edited by Super Stroby; 03-30-2022 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:44 AM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

@SpyderSenseOC GT4, black calipers, black wheels(small regret not going platinum), buckets and yellow stitching. Even the SA at the dealership says the sales staff is looking forward to seeing it because it's a rare color for someone to go for. Recently a few 992 GT3s have been delivered in the color which surprised me. Planning on tracking the Spyder at all? I may try to do ACS at some point in the future once the its protected and broken in.
Did you consider Aurum wheels? I think they would be off the charts with that color, the black calipers and the yellow stitching.

Doubt I’d track my Spyder. I just can’t bring myself to do it. Unfortunately. I envy the guys who drive these cars as intended. I baby them too much.

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 03-30-2022 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2022, 02:09 AM
Super Stroby
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Did you consider Aurum wheels? I think they would be off the charts with that color, the black calipers and the yellow stitching.

Doubt I’d track my Spyder. I just can’t bring myself to do it. Unfortunately. I envy the guys who drive these cars as intended. I baby them too much.

I did think about it. I've always fancied the darker greens with a silver wheels however I have nothing else silver on the car. That said I mainly went back and forth on Black and Silver and should have split the difference with platinum so that the tire doesn't get lost on a black wheel.

Have you received your production line pictures yet?
Old 03-30-2022, 02:18 AM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

I did think about it. I've always fancied the darker greens with a silver wheels however I have nothing else silver on the car. That said I mainly went back and forth on Black and Silver and should have split the difference with platinum so that the tire doesn't get lost on a black wheel.

Have you received your production line pictures yet?

Yes. Got access to them about four days after production completed.

The following users liked this post:
JBM718GTS (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 02:21 AM
aforanush
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AR95
PM’d
same question! Have a car that was pushed from 4/29 to 5/6 and now to 5/27 for delivery…WHENNNNN?!?? 😩

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...