Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

BC Fabrications Exhaust finally arrived in US!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 10:39 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 784 Likes on 456 Posts

Gentlemen, The BC headers make power, as advertised. Honestly if they didnt I woulda sold them This is with the stock muffler on. 200 cell cats. prob 0.7-1.0 sec faster 100-200kph and over 1 sec faster 60-130mph.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rennolazine:
BCFABS (04-15-2021), sobiloff (04-13-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 09:45 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

A bit better result. Currently out in top of the dragy board but i suspect that additional silencer options and bolt ons will be marginally quicker... these headers alone make serious power.

The following users liked this post:
BCFABS (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 07:47 AM
BCFABS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
A bit better result. Currently out in top of the dragy board but i suspect that additional silencer options and bolt ons will be marginally quicker... these headers alone make serious power.

Fair play Pete, you should give up your day job and become a pro!!
Knocking right on the door for the 7's!
This data backs up our earlier dyno data and proves considerable gains to be experienced over the stock exhaust.
Glad you're enjoying our hard work!!!

Ben Clowes | BCFabs

info@bcfabs.com | BCFabs | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

Rennolazine (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 08:08 AM
DocMo
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts

thanks so much for taking the time to post the results. Super helpful!! Is it fair to assume that most long tube headers with 200 cell cats should lead to similar performance gains? I am looking especially for more torque / responsiveness below 4000 rpms. WDYT?
Old 04-15-2021, 08:12 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,486 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by DocMo
thanks so much for taking the time to post the results. Super helpful!! Is it fair to assume that most long tube headers with 200 cell cats should lead to similar performance gains? I am looking especially for more torque / responsiveness below 4000 rpms. WDYT?

Not all headers are created equal......you have to look at length, if the are equal length design, collector design, radius of the bends, diameter of tubes, etc.....of course all those long tube are without cats so that's probably some automatic power gains there.
But based on the above one design might provide more gains than others......
DocMo (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 08:23 AM
DocMo
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Not all headers are created equal......you have to look at length, if the are equal length design, collector design, radius of the bends, diameter of tubes, etc.....of course all those long tube are without cats so that's probably some automatic power gains there.
But based on the above one design might provide more gains than others......
thanks. I am thinking specifically about the Cargraphic ones. They seem to have good credentials with 981Gt4s
Old 04-15-2021, 08:38 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Guys, The BC headers are the bomb! Best exhaust mod i have ever done, bar none, and ive done alot. The results speak for themselves. Based on objective data, they are at least as good as Dundon’s. Which is saying alot because in my opinion Dundon is the benchmark for GT header design for over the past decade and will continue to be an industry leader. I will always look at Dundon’s systems before buying anything and i did so in this case also.
You guys need to understand that for Ben Clowes to, on his first try, without owning a development car, to engineer a system that is masterfully crafted and at least matches Dundon’s system in terms of sound and performance, is a monumental accomplishment. It really highlights his team’s motorsports knowledge and experience and they are gonna make a name for themselves in the industry, even though others had said their company would “die in 6 months”. This is Version 1.0. I do not think other headers when combined with the stock muffler can exceed the performance of the BC ones. In my eyes this puts BC on the map as a serious porsche exhaust company moving forward. Also, i believe this design has the flattest torque curve of anything on the market. I can use higher gears now and still haul *** at low rpm. Its amazing. No power dips, just a straight up torque kick in the ***, as soon as you put your foot down regardless of rpm range. It feels supercharged to be honest. Totally different car.

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-16-2021 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:36 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BCFABS
Fair play Pete, you should give up your day job and become a pro!!
Knocking right on the door for the 7's!
This data backs up our earlier dyno data and proves considerable gains to be experienced over the stock exhaust.
Glad you're enjoying our hard work!!!
Thanks Ben! 7s may still happen. The work and skills really show on your products. Having tried all 3 setups i am very impressed with all of them. They each serve a different purpose and have their own unique benefits. If i had to rank them (for me) i would say 1. Headers 2. Inconel valved/silenced exhaust and 3. The full power pack.
I started by installing the inconel rear section alone and it made a huge difference in sound quality and a moderate increase in volume with the stock headers/opf in place. It actually makes alot of power too i would say around 20+ hp over 4k when the valves open. You can feel it and its measurable on the dragy (.5 sec gains on pulls). Its gotta be the true x-pipe design. It was so good that on the morning of the full power pack install I had to ask myself if the inconel rear pipe was really enough, and for me the answer was both yes and no. If I had monitored opf this would be the way to go hands down. But since in the US we dont and we are a bit crazy over here I needed more sound and power. Picked up the car with the full exhaust, and the whole dealership was literally paralyzed in the parking lot for 30 min. It was like a circus show and everyone wanted a ride in this little spyder that sounded like an aventador SVJ. The full power pack is amazing and sounds ferrocious, but its too much for my neighborhood and attracts so much attention to the spyder. It seems to magnetize the car to police vehicles also. I ended up running the headers with the stock muffler. Which to be honest performs about as well as the full power pack and I feel like it works more consistently with the stock ECU in hotter temps, where the car consistently gives you the more aggressive fuel trims. I think to take advantage of a full setup with you have to run it hard in cool weather or get a tune. Otherwise theres not much in it between the headers and full system ftom a performance standpoint, in the real world, with the stock ECU calibration. The main difference is sound and volume. The full power pack sounds waaay better... but its also waaaay louder than the header/stock muffler combo below 4k with the valves closed (great job on minimizing drone btw its incredible). However, Im not gangster enough to run the full system in my neighborhood. I stll also have a 6 snd 8 year old girls that have intact eardrums that want to ride in the spyder. If it was a GT4 or RS the full kit would be more fitting. That said i am very happy with where i landed. Your manifolds and catted header system has literally transformed my car. I can hear the engine at all rpm, have zero drone, the car is a beast, and can still manage to wake up dead people when you floor it. The headers even managed to somehow make the stock muffler sound decent. Which is a pleasant surprise. That said, it sounds nowhere near as nice as with your BC valved/silenced exhaust, but I am perfectly happy with the volume, power levels, and day to day usability. I am still considering getting a very conservative aftermarket rear muffler to run with the headers but only to clean up the sound of the stock muffler, not increase the volume. The headers if uncorcorcked add mega sound so i need to be careful not to go too crazy again.
Its been a pleasure discussing the exhaust options with you and fun trying out the different configurations. I think I have a more clear vision of what i want out of the system for my next one. All your products are mega and you seem to have something for everyone.
The following 5 users liked this post by Rennolazine:
982GT4 (06-03-2021), DocMo (04-15-2021), Jeff Jones (04-15-2021), josephr25 (04-15-2021), metalone (04-20-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 05:22 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 188 Posts

I am still considering getting a very conservative aftermarket rear muffler to run with the headers but only to clean up the sound of the stock muffler, not increase the volume. The headers if uncorcorcked add mega sound so i need to be careful not to go too crazy again.
Hmmm, wondering if the Cargraphic Touring or Track/Competition with full 2.5" dual inlet would do the trick to fine tune your sound?
Old 04-15-2021, 05:23 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Hmmm, wondering if the Cargraphic Touring or Track/Competition with full 2.5" dual inlet would do the trick to fine tune your sound?
looking into the touring. They are backordered. Honestly
the more i drive with the stock muffler the better it sounds. It sounds crisper and more full bodied. Maybe the car is adapting to the headers?

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-15-2021 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:27 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

looking into the touring. They are backordered
This may just be the way for me as well. Your BC Fab Header + 200 Cel CAT set up with PSE sounds good! Smooth sounding with a bit of rawness and barely noticeable transition from close to open valve.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:28 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 808c2s
This may just be the way for me as well. Your BC Fab Header + 200 Cel CAT set up with PSE sounds good! Smooth sounding with a bit of rawness and barely noticeable transition from close to open valve.
honestly, i may not mess with it. Makes hella power, sounds ok, no drone. Zero point zero.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:28 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Honestly the more i drive with the stock muffler the better it sounds. It sounds crisper and more full bodied. Maybe the car is adapting to the headers?
I hear ya
Old 04-15-2021, 06:49 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Received 493 Likes on 265 Posts

honestly, i may not mess with it. Makes hella power, sounds ok, no drone. Zero point zero.
What are you going to do with the BC fabs muffler section then? Avant-garde chandelier? An exotic metals anchor for your mini-yacht perhaps?

Maybe this is the upside of this giant stock rear box on the 718 4.0... opens up the possibility of fitting headers as a realistically streetable option.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:55 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
What are you going to do with the BC fabs muffler section then? Avant-garde chandelier? An exotic metals anchor for your mini-yacht perhaps?

Maybe this is the upside of this giant stock rear box on the 718 4.0... opens up the possibility of fitting headers as a realistically streetable option.
It found a good home in one day and the new owner is super happy. Its an excellent standalone option. If you try ordering an exhaust right now let me know how long it will be before u get it.
Also, the stock muffler does just that. Muffles noise. Its not perfect but it does the job well.
A better sounding rear box that does the same job would be better, the question is how much better and is it worth any extra time and money? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Jim Rockford (04-15-2021)

Quick Reply: BC Fabrications Exhaust finally arrived in US!